• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Death end re;Quest
  3. Please guide me a bit in the right direction..

User Info: warrie

warrie
3 months ago#1
Hi :) I'm playing for a couple of hours now but so far.. everything is still very vague to me.

The combat is easy so far (on normal level) but to be honest I have no real idea what I'm doing. I hit monsters, aim them at other monsters so I hit those too.. the attack button is the only skill I used so far.
If this is really all there is to combat.. it's becomes boring already now.

Anyway, running in circles in the castle. I found two camping places, on the upper level there seems to be some kind of exit but it's closed. I got a couple of keys but can't find any doors to unlock.
There is one door which tells me that I need a special skill to unlock it.
I have absolutely no idea where to go.

I checked a walkthrough on youtube but instead of watching a walkthrough which lasts for hours, I'd rather have some direct pointer on where to go. At last some kind of direction. Is there anywhere in the game itself an option where I can see where I have to go?

I don't give up on games easily but so far this one has been quite underwhelming.. hope I will like it more when I actually start to understand what I'm supposed to do and where to go..

User Info: Nine_Tails137

Nine_Tails137
3 months ago#2
Sadly, that's one of the main problems I have with this game. It took me a while to find out where everything leads, but I eventually found my way to said areas.

All I did was follow the "!" on the Map, and tried thinking about which pathways lead to which areas.

As for Combat, you're characters learn new moves via Flash Drive. In other words: use 2-3 specific moves together, and if a "%" icon pops up in the attack slots, that means there's a chance your character might learn a new move.

As for unlocking the Doors, Greyed-out Doors mean you don't have the correct Key to open them, where as Yellow and Green Door icon are ones you CAN open(this isn't always the case BTW)

Another thing that opens up more pathways on your dungeon map is by switching to Reality(aka: the Real world) via R2. You'll know if there's a cutscene in the real world based on the orange "!".

If you can tell me which floor of Heartis Palace you're on, maybe I can help you a bit more?(No guarantees BTW) Press "Options" on your PS4 controller to open up the Dungeon map. your current location should be written in the top left hand corner of the screen.

warrie
3 months ago#3
Thanks for the reply! I'm in Heartis Palace eastwing, close to where you find the second camping tent.
At the end of a long hall, on the map on the bottom left side, there is a door.
When I open it I only get a 'the door is shut' message.

I watched a walkthrough on Fetlife and there that door simply opens and is indeed the way to continue.

There is no hint or something on my map to direct me in how I can open this door. A key is not needed it seems, otherwise I would get a message telling me that I think.

warrie
3 months ago#4
Ah, progression. Turned out I needed to switch to the real world, do some talking and that automatically opens the door. I got to the end of the level, final boss. Prepared myself for a tough fight.
I beat the boss literally within 1 minute :-/

I find the combat really boring and vague. When I hit a monster 3 times with my sword it hardly does damage, then the monster bounces around, hits some other monsters and poof, they're all dead.
It's nice that you can unlock new skils, but so far I only used the standard attack move and that was more tha enough to win all battles easily on normal mode.

I read a lot of visual novels so it's not that I'm not used to doing a lot of reading, but so far the story and dialogues also could not hold my interest. So all in all I think this game is quite poor unfortunately :(

Nine_Tails137
3 months ago#5
warrie posted...
Ah, progression. Turned out I needed to switch to the real world, do some talking and that automatically opens the door. I got to the end of the level, final boss. Prepared myself for a tough fight.
I beat the boss literally within 1 minute :-/

I find the combat really boring and vague. When I hit a monster 3 times with my sword it hardly does damage, then the monster bounces around, hits some other monsters and poof, they're all dead.
It's nice that you can unlock new skils, but so far I only used the standard attack move and that was more tha enough to win all battles easily on normal mode.

I read a lot of visual novels so it's not that I'm not used to doing a lot of reading, but so far the story and dialogues also could not hold my interest. So all in all I think this game is quite poor unfortunately :(

Glad you were able to figure it out. :D
And Yeah, the bosses become pretty easy the Higher your character Level is. Although there are some Bad Ends you can only get by loosing to certain bosses, and the Entoma Queen Skala happens to be one of those bosses.

The Pain area, which you gain access to from chapter 7-10 has some really tough enemies, as well as a REALLY POWERFUL Entoma Queen, which countered almost every attack I made. So, if you want a good challenge, visit the Strain Area. It also contains the Best Weapons in the game, found via Treasure Chests.

My characters are around levels 500-600+(as of this reply).

warrie
3 months ago#6
Hey :) I.. uninstalled this one, I really, really didn't like it all unfortunately.
And.. having to lose on purpose to get bad endings.. I won't even ask why I would get bad endings or how I could have guesses that I had to lose that most easiest boss EVER on purpose :)

Nine_Tails137
3 months ago#7
warrie posted...
Hey :) I.. uninstalled this one, I really, really didn't like it all unfortunately.
And.. having to lose on purpose to get bad endings.. I won't even ask why I would get bad endings or how I could have guesses that I had to lose that most easiest boss EVER on purpose :)

It's actually for a trophy and specific items. I aimed for all the correct choices during said cutscenes, and got the True Ending, which actually shocked me, since I was expecting to unlock the normal ending on my first playthrough?

Too bad. I'm not the type of person who quits when the going gets rough.
Hopefully there'll be another Idea Factory Game(or games in general) that'll please you more. :(

Nine_Tails137
3 months ago#8
warrie posted...

P.S. there's also a New Game+ which allows you to replay the entire game with your current Levels, Equipment, money, etc.

warrie
3 months ago#9

Nine_Tails137
3 months ago#10
warrie posted...

Thanks! I'm already at 80% Trophy completion(as of this reply). All I have left are the Character specific endings.
  1. Boards
  2. Death end re;Quest
  3. Please guide me a bit in the right direction..
  • Post New Message