• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Death end re;Quest
  3. Question about the true ending. (spoilers of course)

User Info: shaselai

shaselai
6 months ago#1
So i guess the main protagonist tried to degrade so many times that in the end he found a timeline where shina was alive and that time both worlds happen to merge together? Also some other questions i have and am not sure if it was ever answered:

1. Who is the "shadow" that kills you in the dead guy's apartment?
2. What does Lydia mean when she used "***" ? is this sequel bait or something?
3. Is the enigma boss alive? it was referenced his body doesnt exist anymore?
4. Is Alice the friend's sister?
5. How come everyone just turned all cheery and nice? though athesis is still bad though but it turn good?
Playing:
Waiting:

User Info: LightEmperor

LightEmperor
6 months ago#2
1) That's one plot hole with the reality objects. Who was the shadow that kills the guy? How did the guy falling from the sky get there? How about the doppelganger? How did Arata set them all up?
2) Unfortunately it is sequel bait.
3) You mean the Aphesis boss? I presume Aphesis kept his consciousness alive in a computer.
4) Given that Aphesis captured and killed the friend's sister, it is safe to assume that she was forced into experiments and Alice was modeled after her.
5) Yeah this never made sense. Why did the Martyrs stop being a threat? How did Aphesis become good?
Currently playing: Atelier Lydie & Suelle (Switch); Coming Soon: Caligula Effect Overdose (Switch)

User Info: shaselai

shaselai
6 months ago#3
thanks! IF they make a sequel i wish they show more graphic scenes. Like wouldve been awesome to see some of the horrific scenes described in real world (like doppleganger). I felt they ran out of money? Because they obviously showed some graphic scenes like lily but omitted others that from description arent more graphic...
Playing:
Waiting:

User Info: darkdyllon

darkdyllon
3 months ago#4
shaselai posted...
thanks! IF they make a sequel i wish they show more graphic scenes. Like wouldve been awesome to see some of the horrific scenes described in real world (like doppleganger). I felt they ran out of money? Because they obviously showed some graphic scenes like lily but omitted others that from description arent more graphic...

i chucked it up to "use your imagination"
obviously this is spoiler tagged already but when Lucil goes glitched and she ends up killing all of her friends and making them puppets.
a graphical scene can't do it justice.
just imagine Shina and your party members dangling lifeless open eyes everything and 1 of their heads start slipping while Lucil is saying "one two three".

IF they made some of these scenes graphical it would've lost the severity of the scene in my opinion.

1 thing i gotta say though, you got Shina's ending on the top which is the "best" ending (?) which is also the most fleshed out.
the others you just meet am happy and credits roll, nothing else (even Lydia doesn't get much of a good ending since it's basically Shina ending except Shina doesn't appear)

i do hope for a sequel and they keep the scenes the way they are here (some more isn't bad ofcourse, like the lily getting impaled by her father)
and have more in terms of customization and difficulity (even hard difficulity wasn't actually hard) (and in terms of customization, more graphical options, speed timers for automatic scenes, i had it on auto at 1 point where it was voiced and it was like this "arata how are you good how about you" it was too fast)

User Info: Nine_Tails137

Nine_Tails137
3 months ago#5
shaselai posted...

Thing is, Japan is more offended by Violence than Nudity, so, even if the graphic scenes WERE added, they would have most likely been censored. Which isn't great with Sony's new Censorship policies still in effect.
  1. Boards
  2. Death end re;Quest
  3. Question about the true ending. (spoilers of course)
  • Topic Archived