• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Death end re;Quest
  3. Got Any Questions? I'll Try To Answer Them.

User Info: Umbris_Letalis

Umbris_Letalis
8 months ago#1
So IFI gifted me with a review copy recently and I’ve been playing a lot since then. I intend to write a review next week (IFI is weird about review embargoes), but I’m more than happy to answer any questions you might have before then.

Really, I just want to see more discussion on the board...is no one looking forward to it? The game is pretty fun.
PSN: LostRequiem1|Puzzles & Dragons ID: 390,534,370

User Info: bigmuffpi

bigmuffpi
8 months ago#2
I guess my question is, of what you've played so far, what would you say is the time split between visual novel and rpg segments? I'm actually looking forward to the VN segments.

Oh and, compared to Omega Quintet and the Hyperdimension, does this game's movement/combat system feel a bit snappier? Something about those older compile hearts games never clicked with me and felt a bit too sluggish
(edited 8 months ago)

User Info: wind2dancer

wind2dancer
8 months ago#3
Would like to know how the Platin trophy is? Is it difficult to obtain? How many playthroughs did you need?
(message deleted)

Umbris_Letalis
8 months ago#5
I guess my question is, of what you've played so far, what would you say is the time split between visual novel and rpg segments? I'm actually looking forward to the VN segments.

You’ll spend more time on the RPG segments, though visual novel portions do seem to
drag on a bit in certain cases (there’s one sequence of events that has several game over flags that I spent 15-20 minutes getting through). Really, I think it ultimately comes down to whether you’re willing to see all the dialogue because a fair amount is optional.

Oh and, compared to Omega Quintet and the Hyperdimension, does this game's movement/combat system feel a bit snappier? Something about those older compile hearts games never clicked with me and felt a bit too sluggish

In terms of movement, this is on par with Megadimension Neptunia VIIR (they use the same engine). As for the combat, you can set-up auto combos to help speed things along. It lacks visual appeal at times (it lacks the flair of Neptunia, IMO), but is more dynamic thanks to Arata, the bugs and being able to ricochet enemies off walls (and allies).

Would like to know how the Platin trophy is? Is it difficult to obtain? How many playthroughs did you need?

FYI, I’m still about halfway through the game on my first playthrough. This is when many of the game’s features start to make themselves available to you.

That said, the Platinum looks rather easy to obtain. The hardest trophy seems to be the one that requires you to see 88(?) events. There’s an episode viewer that can give you hints as to how many are coming up, but it never explicitly tells you how to get them. This isn’t an issue most of the time, but there are some events that require you to go to a non-story related area on the map to see, a few tied to making dumbass decisions (yes, let’s try to mug the super strong woman who one party member idolizes and is currently trying to be our friend), while others require to get an actual game over against specific bosses. I believe there might also be one that comes up after a boss fight, but there’s no option to save between both points.

As for my question: Is there any missable content/trophies we need to watch out for?

The bad end scenes and associated accessories are technically missable.
(edited 8 months ago)

User Info: Kent93

Kent93
8 months ago#6
Is it 30 or 60fps?
(message deleted)

Umbris_Letalis
8 months ago#8
Is it 30 or 60fps?

I'll need to check again, honestly, but it uses the same engine as Neptunia VIIR so I want to say 30.

How is the localization quality? Any noticeable bugs, freezing issues, censorship?

I don't know if it could be considered a bug, but the battle camera seems to have a mind of its own. The camera angle automatically changes whenever one of your characters gets their turn, and there have been several points where it gave me a bird's eye view where I couldn't even see the enemies.

Other than that, the game runs quite smoothly. No freezing, stutters and there's no censorship (surprisingly). There are plenty of bugs, but those are part of the gameplay.

User Info: TiamatNM

TiamatNM
8 months ago#9
I've got the LE pre-ordered from IFI's store so I am looking forward to it a lot. I do hope the localization is better than IFI's recent Agarest War Mariage. Although as far as I know the translation is fine, the game is riddled with typos much more than usual for IFI's games.

User Info: wind2dancer

wind2dancer
8 months ago#10
I've heard there is for each girl an Ending, is it possible to get the endings in one playthrough? Or do i have to beat the game 8 times?
  1. Boards
  2. Death end re;Quest
  3. Got Any Questions? I'll Try To Answer Them.
  • Post New Message