• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Martial Arts
  3. Favorite start time for an event?

User Info: Iowahawks1

Iowahawks1
6 days ago#1
UFC last weekend was perfect in my book. Having the championship match at around 2pm in the Midwest was great. I was able to watch the event with some college football on and still go out Saturday night. The week before in China was alright having the last two fights be at 6-7am but wouldn’t like that every week.

Are you guys/gals the same? Or do you prefer a Saturday night prime time situation?

User Info: tokerblue

tokerblue
6 days ago#2
10PM EST. Makes for a nice Saturday out.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
- Robert A. Heinlein

User Info: TheHoldSteady

TheHoldSteady
6 days ago#3
I prefer middle of the day personally...

At the 10PM the main event often doesn't start until 1 in the morning, that's foreeever
There were crosses and crushes and crashes and hassles,
We were kissing in the center while the band played Ice Cream Castles
i like the 5PM fight night starts. 7PM for main cards pacific time is good too. Scheduling really sucks for east coast though, it was exhausting to wait for mcgregor mayweather to start at like 1am.
you dont do that, if you do that you're just some english pig with no brain

User Info: ---Devin---

---Devin---
6 days ago#5
bradmarchandfan posted...
i like the 5PM fight night starts. 7PM for main cards pacific time is good too. Scheduling really sucks for east coast though, it was exhausting to wait for mcgregor mayweather to start at like 1am.
Slime Season

User Info: Squall28

Squall28
6 days ago#6
Not the ones where the main event is at 1AM.
If you're going through hell, keep going.
-Winston Churchill

User Info: lilant55

lilant55
6 days ago#7
Everyone saying not when the main event is at 1am.... when was the last main event at 1am? Lol serious question because as I recall fight card have been ending earlier this year.

Please don't bring up that Connor Mayweather fight. If you watch boxing this is something to be expected. Very rarely does a card end early in boxing because all the fights go to the cards. If they do end early it's because some guys are actually fighting to knock the other out and not fight to out point their opponents.

User Info: Bobsy84

Bobsy84
6 days ago#8
As a U.K. fan who gets up stupidly early anyway I’m usually watching main events around 5 am and that suits me. Last weekends UFC was one of the few that I could actually watch on a Saturday night.

Only thing that sucks was BT sports censorship of the interviews after the fights.

User Info: Booglee

Booglee
5 days ago#9
Overnight its fun to try and stay up and watch
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: lKaddl

lKaddl
5 days ago#10
early because I can barely stay up past 11pm anymore.
Kadd
  1. Boards
  2. Martial Arts
  3. Favorite start time for an event?
  • Post New Message