• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. WWE 2K18
  3. WWF No Mercy has many featutes that 2k18 dont have.

User Info: Bootflap

Bootflap
10 months ago#21
I didn't say anything about match types.

No Mercy also had features standard for the time that were absent from it, like complete entrances and a referee in the ring (the Toukon Retsuden games were doing this for years prior), and the movesets to be fair could get rough.

I realize the limitations of the N64 and I do wish some small touches of No Mercy were in 2K, but you're grasping at straws. And did you just lump Undertaker and John Cena together? Jesus Christ. Cena will go down as being a legend for sure, but god damn.

Just make Undertaker higher in 2K18 then? It's not a big deal. I could beat anybody with Crash Holly in No Mercy back in the day, they're just video games.

User Info: Falcon27

Falcon27
10 months ago#22
The in ring refree cant be on n64.only 4 wrestlers at the time on n64 screen.also stealing finisher and breaking announce table from top of a ladder.
You Can Only Win If You are Worth.also
You Can Only Lose if You are Worth

Bootflap
10 months ago#23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXb7lJAsRug

That's Toukon Road, a Japanese N64 wrestling game, with not only a referee but a ring announcer.

You can steal finishers in 2K.

I don't think you're listening to what I'm saying and are just scurrying to find arguments that turn out to be incorrect.

Falcon27
9 months ago#24
Hmm Maybe Seemingly 2k18 wons.but video games are for getting fun not to see good shiny graphics.

Falcon27
9 months ago#25
Battle

2k18 Graphics Defeat No Mercy
2k18 Match Types Defeat No Mercy
2k18 Storymod Defeat No Mercy
No Mercy Sound Defeat 2k18
No Mercy Customization Defeat 2k18
No Mercy Gameplay Defeat 2k18

Ok 2k wins.but i can see many people still making caws and mods for this game.2k18's Board will Die when 2k21 or 2k20 Released.but no mercy never dies.if you search google or youtube for top 10 wrestling games you see no mercy in #1 or #2 atleast.so none of them mentoins your hero 2k.

Falcon27
9 months ago#26
Also i said undertaker and miz problem.i said abt al not human a player.
(message deleted)

User Info: SeeDStephen

SeeDStephen
9 months ago#28
EtherealEidolon posted...
No Mercy with mods beats anything that Yuke's and 2K can ever hope to produce.

If you need mods to enjoy No Mercy, then you are not meant to play No Mercy
Currently on Navigator of the Seas - Oct 2017 to June 2018 - Southampton / Miami
Next vacation - Tokyo and Lima - July 2018

User Info: SeeDStephen

SeeDStephen
9 months ago#29
Falcon27 posted...
if you search google or youtube for top 10 wrestling games you see no mercy in #1 or #2 atleast.so none of them mentoins your hero 2k.

A massive reason why is an overlooked reason, WWF No Mercy arrived at a time where Pro Wrestling was in a Boom period, it was one of the hottest things going with The Rock and Stone Cold taking charge, the popularity was insane and the rosters had fantastic depth

WWF No Mercy was in the right place and right time, if a game of this graphical quality and gameplay was made in 1995, it wouldn't have the popularity because the WWF wasn't at the level of the attitude era, and it would have a minimal fan base at best

I find wrestling games and it's pop culture status go hand in hand over the last three decades,
Currently on Navigator of the Seas - Oct 2017 to June 2018 - Southampton / Miami
Next vacation - Tokyo and Lima - July 2018

Bootflap
9 months ago#30
Falcon27 posted...
Battle

2k18 Graphics Defeat No Mercy
2k18 Match Types Defeat No Mercy
2k18 Storymod Defeat No Mercy
No Mercy Sound Defeat 2k18
No Mercy Customization Defeat 2k18
No Mercy Gameplay Defeat 2k18

Ok 2k wins.but i can see many people still making caws and mods for this game.2k18's Board will Die when 2k21 or 2k20 Released.but no mercy never dies.if you search google or youtube for top 10 wrestling games you see no mercy in #1 or #2 atleast.so none of them mentoins your hero 2k.

Uh, I'd actually give "Storymod" to No Mercy and what in the hell are you doing putting No Mercy's sound over 2K18? Yeah, that garbled cartridge audio sure is superior to streaming bluray audio. How can No Mercy "defeat" 2K for customization when you can't even edit in-game guy's movesets in No Mercy? You can create anything you want to in 2K in terms of professional wrestling. If you bring up mods and hacks I wouldn't count that because that's not what we were rolling with back in late 2000 on the N64 when the game came out.

Yes, my "hero" 2K, which isn't even in my top ten favorite wrestling games probably. I'm just looking at both impartially. I absolutely loved No Mercy when it came out and for many years after. It seems your hero is blindly No Mercy. By the way you type, were you even born when No Mercy came out? I'm not asking as an insult.
  1. Boards
  2. WWE 2K18
  3. WWF No Mercy has many featutes that 2k18 dont have.
  • Topic Archived