• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Yoshi's Crafted World
  3. Pretty easy game but (spoilers)

User Info: Straw-Hat

Straw-Hat
4 months ago#1
That last no damage boss battle against kamek was a fun challenge! Actually had to learn the patterns and move methodically to make sure I didn’t get hit. All of it felt completely fair except the robo Yoshi part which I just got help with from a second player.

Thought I’d add a little life to the board for anyone looking for more out of the game! Good experience, I recommend not cheesing it because at first glance it’s nuts, but then you learn the patterns and it’s actually very fair.

User Info: erikepaios

erikepaios
4 months ago#2
Agreed! The time challenges for the bosses were tough because I played defensively on my first runthrough. The Kamek battle was tough even without the challenges. I just got 100% today.

I really enjoyed this game, despite seemingly lackluster user reviews.

Straw-Hat
4 months ago#3
Yeah it was a great game, not as good as woolly world but still kept me entertained enough to beat it 100%!

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
3 months ago#4
As someone whose beaten some "hard" games like Super Meat Boy, The Messenger, Mega Man, etc., I found the Kamek boss fight to be pretty badly designed. The first couple segments isn't so bad when you know how to do it, but the third segment gives you very little room for error that not only are you forced to dodge a cheapload of obstacles, since you're only given a couple or short seconds to throw an egg at Kamek and even then you're likely to have a log stake object to block your shots more often than not.

Topping it all off, sadly, is the Robo-Yoshi part that forces you to punch ALL of Kamek's missiles before proceeding to punch the wizard himself, and during this part I felt a lot of input lag that landed me in front of death's door more times that I could remember. Of course, I did manage to beat Kamek out of pure luck, but I had to do this in Mellow Mode and even then, I don't feel bad about it...especially considering how cheaply hard Hidden Hills was in general.
"You will be missed, Alpha Dream. You will be missed", my feedback for Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 survey

Straw-Hat
3 months ago#5
StephenYap3 posted...
As someone whose beaten some "hard" games like Super Meat Boy, The Messenger, Mega Man, etc., I found the Kamek boss fight to be pretty badly designed. The first couple segments isn't so bad when you know how to do it, but the third segment gives you very little room for error that not only are you forced to dodge a cheapload of obstacles, since you're only given a couple or short seconds to throw an egg at Kamek and even then you're likely to have a log stake object to block your shots more often than not.

Topping it all off, sadly, is the Robo-Yoshi part that forces you to punch ALL of Kamek's missiles before proceeding to punch the wizard himself, and during this part I felt a lot of input lag that landed me in front of death's door more times that I could remember. Of course, I did manage to beat Kamek out of pure luck, but I had to do this in Mellow Mode and even then, I don't feel bad about it...especially considering how cheaply hard Hidden Hills was in general.

I agree about the robo yoshi as you have to work out the rhythm of punching vs trial and error, but you’re wrong on the train aspect.

the game shows you where the pencils will drop via shadows and it’s a set pattern as well as kamek will always appear on the furthest side from you.

Dodging is annoying but if you crawl you can move very accurately to dodge the pencils, everything else he throws at you in that phase is scripted too so dodging just takes a bit of practice.
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
3 months ago#6
Straw-Hat posted...
the game shows you where the pencils will drop via shadows and it’s a set pattern as well as kamek will always appear on the furthest side from you.
...which is why the boss fight in general is badly designed, given that Kamek's location will nearly always be blocked by falling pencils, obscuring your shots far too often and giving you very little time to have a clean shot. Imagine fighting Bowser in Super Mario Bros on NES, but you have these fast floating blocks that constantly circle around Bowser, protecting him from Fire Mario's fire balls, all while lava bubbles constantly jump from the lava beneath the bridge. That's what the train section is like in Kamek's battle.

If you can get through it no problem, then cool. I applaud you.
"You will be missed, Alpha Dream. You will be missed", my feedback for Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 survey

Straw-Hat
2 months ago#7
StephenYap3 posted...
...which is why the boss fight in general is badly designed, given that Kamek's location will nearly always be blocked by falling pencils, obscuring your shots far too often and giving you very little time to have a clean shot. Imagine fighting Bowser in Super Mario Bros on NES, but you have these fast floating blocks that constantly circle around Bowser, protecting him from Fire Mario's fire balls, all while lava bubbles constantly jump from the lava beneath the bridge. That's what the train section is like in Kamek's battle.

If you can get through it no problem, then cool. I applaud you.

I would agree if the pencils were random, but once you have the pattern it becomes more muscle memory (if it takes that long) or simply practice. Though the last part is dumb.
  1. Boards
  2. Yoshi's Crafted World
  3. Pretty easy game but (spoilers)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A