• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Yoshi's Crafted World
  3. Help with secret boss? (Spoilers)

User Info: InsanitySoup

InsanitySoup
1 year ago#1
Spoilers, as stated in the title.

I am having a heck of a time with the Kamek boss battle. The train part is killing me- I cannot hit Kamek!!! Does anyone have some tips or advice for this section? I'd prefer not to play on mellow mode.

I know he pops up on the left if you're on the right and vice versa, but those crayons fall too darn fast!

Any help is appreciated.

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
1 year ago#2
I had trouble with this part too, so I would say move Yoshi to "safe" spot and make sure you quickly move the cursor to Kamek at that near-exact moment he appears. It takes time, but you'll get it.

InsanitySoup posted...
I'd prefer not to play on mellow mode.

I've beaten this boss on Mellow Mode (and is the only level I chose so) and seeing as how this boss was designed, I don't feel bad about it.
"I will never buy a Yoshi game without actual challenge, lasting charm, and good gameplay ever again." -My feedback on Yoshi's Crafted World survey

InsanitySoup
1 year ago#3
StephenYap3 posted...

I've beaten this boss on Mellow Mode (and is the only level I chose so) and seeing as how this boss was designed, I don't feel bad about it.

Oh you shouldn't feel bad about it! It's fine to play whatever difficulty you want. Just a personal challenge, that's all.

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
1 year ago#4
InsanitySoup posted...
StephenYap3 posted...

Oh you shouldn't feel bad about it! It's fine to play whatever difficulty you want. Just a personal challenge, that's all.

Thanks. In a life I live in, I'm considered a part of that black sheep family when it comes to being a "real gamer". And in case you're wondering, you don't get a marker for beating levels in Mellow Mode.

Second of all, I have played challenging games like Super Meat Boy, Ghosts n Goblins, and others. The problem I had with the secret boss is that he reacts far too fast than even the most skilled players could retaliate against. This wouldn't have been a problem had the developers designed that boss fight more closely on Yoshi's abilities for consistency reasons without going Silver Surfer NES. And of course, it doesn't help matters either when he has his own boss challenges...

Then again, it could be because that the game's main story focused too much on low difficulty to the point that the Hidden Hills world extremely ramped up the difficulty (mostly for the wrong reasons; cheap platforming and hundreds of enemies at once are not how you make a challenge), like someone dumping a bucket of ice cold water on a sleeping person to wake them up. No middle ground for difficulty at all.
"I will never buy a Yoshi game without actual challenge, lasting charm, and good gameplay ever again." -My feedback on Yoshi's Crafted World survey

User Info: LonelyGoomba

LonelyGoomba
1 year ago#5
Stand in a safe spot when the big pencils are coming and aim quickly.

To save you trouble, on the next part punch in a slower rhythm. Spamming attack won't work.
Retro reviews at
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLonelyGoomba

InsanitySoup
1 year ago#6
Update: I did it, plus boss challenges!!!! It was super difficult but I'm super excited. I almost got all 3 of the challenges at once, but was just short on time that round.

The train part is still a crapshoot for me, but for the last part (which most people seem to have the most trouble with)- yes- a slower tapping rhythm is the key. I wrote down the pattern the missiles come at you so I could quickly reference it to refresh myself each time I got to that part. Also, using a forefinger to do the tapping helped and use the ARROW buttons instead of the joystick to aim was absolutely key for me.

Also yeah, the jump in difficulty was surprising given how much easier the rest of the game was.
  1. Boards
  2. Yoshi's Crafted World
  3. Help with secret boss? (Spoilers)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A