• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Yoshi's Crafted World
  3. This or Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe?

User Info: Quazocot

Quazocot
1 year ago#1
Good afternoon, my birthday is tomorrow and I am going to get myself a game but I can't decide between this or Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe. The only other pure Yoshi game I have played is Yoshi's Island on SNES and I thoroughly enjoyed it but from what I've been reading this game doesn't have the same level of difficulty and it looks like it is a bit grindy.

I did play the Super Mario Bros. U on the Wii U a few years ago and greatly enjoyed it I'm just not sure that I want to replay it or spend $60 on it, the added stuff just doesn't seam worth it.

I am leaning towards Yoshi, does it ever get challenging? How are the castles and boss fights?

Thanks in advance!
"We are a bunch of fools who are to stubborn to accept eternal ruin . . Keep that underlying principal in mind" -Fiore, Star Ocean 5

User Info: ssj_duelist

ssj_duelist
1 year ago#2
This x1000.

This game isn't great but it's not a garbage, worse of port of an old game.

Ultimately this game isn't as good as Yoshi on SNES or WoollyWorld. I recommend that one over this.

If you've already played the Wii U game, there's 0 reasom to get the port.

And SMM2 is vastly better to both and out only next month.
Playing:
PS4: MGSV, Spyro(2) Reignited Trilogy. N.Switch: Yoshi's Crafted World. SNES Mini: Yoshi's Island. 3DS: Pokemon Y.

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
1 year ago#3
Quazocot posted...
Good afternoon, my birthday is tomorrow and I am going to get myself a game but I can't decide between this or Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe. The only other pure Yoshi game I have played is Yoshi's Island on SNES and I thoroughly enjoyed it but from what I've been reading this game doesn't have the same level of difficulty and it looks like it is a bit grindy.

Well, they be right. Compared to Yoshi's Island SNES (and even the Wii U game Yoshi's Woolly World), Crafted World's difficulty is nearly non-existent and not once throughout my playthrough have I actually felt a semblance of tension, especially since the costumes provide you with additional hits to make the challenge even more trivial. It didn't help either that the side content is some of the worst ever designed due to being only able to tackle one side quest at a time in each world without the ability to take on multiple of them at once.

I did play the Super Mario Bros. U on the Wii U a few years ago and greatly enjoyed it I'm just not sure that I want to replay it or spend $60 on it, the added stuff just doesn't seam worth it.

Well, if you ask me, even though I do agree with this sentiment, I still would've bought NSMBU DX instead since with that game, I actually enjoyed it for having a lot more going on and being actually challenging.

That said, I won't rebuy it at the $60 either.

I am leaning towards Yoshi, does it ever get challenging? How are the castles and boss fights?

As said above, the challenge is non-existent, but the game's extra levels were only "challenging" for their poor level design and such. There aren't any castles in the game as you immediately challenge most of the bosses (including the final boss) by simply entering the level and don't take much to figure out or defeat, sadly. The majority of the bosses here are simply the first boss of Yoshi's Island SNES in terms of difficulty.

Thanks in advance!

No problem. You have an awesome birthday.

If you still have trouble in deciding which of those two titles you want, then if I may suggest another game that is also a sidescroller: Kirby Star Allies. Compared to its launch state, it got plenty of updates that consisted of more modes, content, and many other things, all of which made the worth the $60 (though I personally thought the game was worth that price even at launch). It's an easy game in Story Mode, but the side modes are quite challenging and where the real fun begins. It supports up to four players as well.
"I will never buy a Yoshi game without actual challenge, lasting charm, and good gameplay ever again." -My feedback on Yoshi's Crafted World survey

User Info: Resident Weevil

Resident Weevil
11 months ago#4
I'd say get Yoshi. I hate rebuying games that I already beat.
The black wind howls...
...One among you ... will shortly perish.
  1. Boards
  2. Yoshi's Crafted World
  3. This or Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A