• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Yoshi's Crafted World
  3. Does this game have super difficult late game levels/secret levels?

User Info: piranhapete

piranhapete
1 year ago#11
I love this game. Nothing about it remotely disappointed me--it surpassed my expectations by a huge margin and is now my favorite Yoshi game behind the original Yoshi's Island (I've played them all). YCW has a huge amount of content, the level design is stellar, and it never felt formulaic in the least. It's probably my favorite Switch title after BOTW. However, to address your question, it doesn't have much challenge in platforming--maybe a small amount here and there but by far in comparison the challenge comes from finding all of the secrets. (It's best to try without a guide.) I wouldn't get it for challenging platform, but if you enjoyed the demo at all, I'd tell you to go for it. It really barely scratches the surface as far as what the game has to offer.
I count triple because I'm the False Spring Queen! So you ARE outnumbered, cakesniffers.
Birdo deserves a bigger role in the Mario series!

User Info: PrinceOfHot

PrinceOfHot
1 year ago#12
I got it and it's a happy little game. Very pretty and relaxing to play. I can play this casually and it's probably my only Nintendo game this year, because...Switch isn't getting anything.
PSN- SuperMarioPsycho

User Info: KI Simpson

KI Simpson
1 year ago#13
PrinceOfHot posted...
I got it and it's a happy little game. Very pretty and relaxing to play. I can play this casually and it's probably my only Nintendo game this year, because...Switch isn't getting anything.

Except Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, Pokemon Sword/Shield, Super Mario Maker 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Astral Chain, and Link's Awakening.

PrinceOfHot
1 year ago#14
KI Simpson posted...
PrinceOfHot posted...

Except Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, Pokemon Sword/Shield, Super Mario Maker 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Astral Chain, and Link's Awakening.

Links awakening yea. SMM was disappointing...that's a maybe? Luigi's Mansion 3 could be good, but that series is a bit inconsistent. The indefinite delay of Metroid Prime 4 has me FULL OF SALT.
PSN- SuperMarioPsycho

User Info: Gaawa_chan

Gaawa_chan
1 year ago#15
Some of the post-game boss requirements and the gimmick levels can be a bit challenging. That said, if you're struggling, health is much easier to retain and mellow mode is buffed (can gain altitude with no effort) in this game compared to YWW, so if you've played that, this game is gonna be a bit weak in comparison in terms of difficulty, I think.
Hi

User Info: Nabiki_Tendo

Nabiki_Tendo
1 year ago#16
it being easy is what makes it great in my opinion if i wanted a hard platformer i would play cuphead instead of this
Switch FC: SW-6234-9750-4519

PrinceOfHot
1 year ago#17
Nabiki_Tendo posted...
it being easy is what makes it great in my opinion if i wanted a hard platformer i would play cuphead instead of this

Yea it's pretty chill, and the challenge is in find the stuff in the game, and the later post boss levels seem a bit out of place, the difficulty spike is ridiculous, and is asking you to do stuff the game never built you up to doing. That said if you play platformers it's still doable.
PSN- SuperMarioPsycho

User Info: jcgonzmo

jcgonzmo
1 year ago#18
PrinceOfHot posted...
I'm thinking of buying this, however I'd like to know their is some pretty hardcore levels available late game (optional).

Most reviews say it's easy, and I love Yoshi games, but if this entire game is too easy, I'll get disappointed.

Is their any tough content late game?

The game is challenging if you try to find everything while completing the level.

PrinceOfHot
1 year ago#19
^agree. Been playing it on and off, getting the level collectibles can be really hard even in earlier levels.
PSN- SuperMarioPsycho
  1. Boards
  2. Yoshi's Crafted World
  3. Does this game have super difficult late game levels/secret levels?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A