• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Shield
  3. Can I start a new game and keep my old save?

User Info: Gothicpuppy

Gothicpuppy
6 days ago#1
Just like the title says. I screwed up and wonder traded meowth from trading galar meowth. Is it possible to start a new game, get it, send it to a friend, then go back to my old save file?

User Info: Hayato213

Hayato213
6 days ago#2
No
Winners don't quit, quitters don't win, those who don't quit and don't win are idiots.

User Info: Gothicpuppy

Gothicpuppy
6 days ago#3
What if I cloud saved then turned off cloud saving, ran through traded and re-downloaded cloud save?

User Info: Hayato213

Hayato213
6 days ago#4
The game doesn't support cloud save, just go trade for one on the trading board.
Winners don't quit, quitters don't win, those who don't quit and don't win are idiots.

User Info: Raiu

Raiu
6 days ago#5
You can create a second account on the same Switch and start a new game on that without losing your original save, right?

.... I hope so. My wife and I are planning on playing the game on the same Switch.
-Raiutaryuu-

User Info: jwats1990

jwats1990
6 days ago#6
yes you can but it won't connect to internet if the first one is linked to your Nintendo switch account

User Info: MuttonButt

MuttonButt
6 days ago#7
If you make another account on your switch you can
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Shield
  3. Can I start a new game and keep my old save?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers