• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Shield
  3. How can one stop dragapult?

User Info: np153

np153
6 days ago#1
Dragapult seems like an untoppable monster. It's speed is so high that even with +2 speed, most pokemon are outmatched. It has excellent typing, and carries amazing attack AND special attack SIMULTANEOUSLY! In ranked battles I am singlehandedly shut down by dragapults, regardless of what I have tried. It has better stats than most LEGENDARY pokemon, is there no way to stop it?
3ds FC: 4983-5503-4650 (Calvin)
ACNL IGN: Calvin; Ultra Sun IGN: Sunshine C.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: Dran1029

Dran1029
6 days ago#2
Any. Fairy. Ever. Made.
Switch FC: SW-5534-0138-4516
Playing FF8R, FE3H, Persona5, and PKMN Shield

User Info: Dran1029

Dran1029
6 days ago#3
Switch into dragon darts with a fairy then ohko with Dazzling gleam or outlive its damage with draining kiss.
Switch FC: SW-5534-0138-4516
Playing FF8R, FE3H, Persona5, and PKMN Shield

User Info: PokemonYoutube

PokemonYoutube
6 days ago#4
Ice Shard or Sucker Punch
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: Hayato213

Hayato213
6 days ago#5
It simple bring your own Dragapult or a fairy type or start setting up your staller before your opponent start setting up dragon dance on you, Cafable would be a good choice to stall against Dragapult if you can get cosmic power going.
Winners don't quit, quitters don't win, those who don't quit and don't win are idiots.

User Info: ss4gogeta_dark

ss4gogeta_dark
6 days ago#6
Bulky Clefable with cosmic power > store power. You will force a switch giving you a free cosmic power. Then you can do a second one. Follow up with life dew afterwards. I built mine like this.

252HP, 252SPA @Bold
Magic Guard

(move of choice)
Cosmic Power
Stored Power
Life Dew

I have Focus Blast on mine, but I might do something else. Cosmic power will boost defenses enough to make Clefable wall everything. After 2 cosmics it's hard to kill without some powerful sweeper with a steel or poison move. And even then it's a 2 shot probably. You can cosmic again and then life dew. At +3 Shes annoying.
PSN - FHHeroxoot|Steam - Heroxoot
Twitch.tv/heroxoot
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: aryanbrar

aryanbrar
5 days ago#7
why did you make 2 threads??

maybe you need to get your ass whooped in battle so you can stop fanboying after the bomber dragon

User Info: np153

np153
4 days ago#8
aryanbrar posted...
why did you make 2 threads??

maybe you need to get your ass whooped in battle so you can stop fanboying after the bomber dragon
Why did you check for that? I made one in shield thread and one in sword thread, because different people use them and I got different answers from both. It would be nice if they were combined into a single category. From the looks of things though, sword is way more populous, so I will probably just use that board in the future. The suggestions I got from both were quite helpful, and have more or less solved my issue. Happy to have gotten you up-to-speed. ;)
3ds FC: 4983-5503-4650 (Calvin)
ACNL IGN: Calvin; Ultra Sun IGN: Sunshine C.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: minato_00

minato_00
4 days ago#9
I always carry my Cinderace with Life orb and Sucker punch
FC:1435-4089-5464
Switch FC:8061-6595-0911
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Shield
  3. How can one stop dragapult?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers