• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Shield
  3. Let's think up a Poison-type Legendary/Mythical Pokémon

User Info: jackfrost2016

jackfrost2016
2 months ago#1
The Poison-Types need a god to rally behind.

So let's figure put what it should be based on, what it's typing should be, should it have a signature move and ability, what would it look like, what is it's lore in the games, what sort of place would you encounter it at when you try to catch it, and lastly how would this Pokémon be implemented into the anime for a debut episode or movie.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky animals and you know it." -Tommy Lee Jones, Men in Black.

User Info: Yamato_san

Yamato_san
2 months ago#2
Since I'm sure someone's going to bring it up, I thought I'd point out that Nihilego is NOT a legendary.... maybe. The status of Ultra Beasts still seems up for debate, but they're definitely available in infinite quantities as of UltraSM, and lore-wise, they are just a common creature in their respective home worlds. Also, I'm assuming the TC is talking about a "unique" Poison-type legendary, so Arceus and Sylvally don't count.

As an aside, I think Grass is long overdue for a cover legendary (or some other 680 BST legendary). For being one of the starter types, it sure does get the short end of the stick compared to Fire and Water, as well as Electric. Was sorta hoping Xerneas would be one, but then they introduced the Fairy-type, so that was a bust. And for those wondering, the following types still lack a cover legendary: Normal, Grass, Fighting, Poison, Bug, and Rock (though it is worth noting that Fighting got Mega Mewtwo X, Normal is Arceus's default type, and Regigigas would likely be in the same tier as cover legendaries if it wasn't f***ed over by its Ability).

User Info: paipr

paipr
2 months ago#3
Nium Magam

Poison/Fairy
Corrosion

Legend says that this Pokemon was once a cheerful and playful creature. It's said that it made friends with all people and Pokemon alike. Its believed it sacrificed itself for one of these friends and ended up cursed in there steed. Now it wonders looking for a way to lift the curse, or for someone it can befriend regardless of it's toxic state.
Gen8 challenge. Ill use Electric/Fighting, Rock/Ghost, or Bug/Ice.
FC Paipr: 0602-6823-9646

User Info: XLR87T3

XLR87T3
2 months ago#4
A long time ago I made a Poison/Steel legendary that represented modern pollution and industrialization, and the counterpart was a Grass/Fairy type
Assault Vest Scrafty>Assault Vest Conkeldurr
Bronzong>Metagross

User Info: paipr

paipr
2 months ago#5
XLR87T3 posted...
A long time ago I made a Poison/Steel legendary that represented modern pollution and industrialization, and the counterpart was a Grass/Fairy type

Yikes, those type combos... It's counterpart Is at a severe disadvantage. X2 from Steel x4 from the Poison for the Grass/Fairy. Plus the Steel/Poison is x1/4 from both Grass and Fairy.
Gen8 challenge. Ill use Electric/Fighting, Rock/Ghost, or Bug/Ice.
FC Paipr: 0602-6823-9646

User Info: laundrysucks

laundrysucks
2 months ago#6
Pokemon: Drump

Type: Poison / Dark

Description: A pokemon so incredibly toxic that many legends cite it as the source of a chaotic destruction of a society long past. It brings heavy, dark, poisonous clouds wherever it travels.

Ability: Toxic Cloud - Summons toxic clouds for 5 turns. All poison pokemon have raised defense during toxic clouds. Poison type moves have their battle power increased. Steel type pokemon are corroded during toxic clouds and therefore, are not immune to poison type moves while toxic cloud is up.
Not changing until Big Show AND Rey Mysterio are both permanently gone from WWE. 10/28/2011
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: fuzi11

fuzi11
2 months ago#7
Yamato_san posted...
though it is worth noting that Fighting got Mega Mewtwo X, Normal is Arceus's default type, and Regigigas would likely be in the same tier as cover legendaries if it wasn't f***ed over by its Ability

wait, none of them are cover legendaries?
also who wants a normal type cover legendary?

User Info: jackfrost2016

jackfrost2016
2 months ago#8
fuzi11 posted...
Yamato_san posted...
though it is worth noting that Fighting got Mega Mewtwo X, Normal is Arceus's default type, and Regigigas would likely be in the same tier as cover legendaries if it wasn't f***ed over by its Ability

wait, none of them are cover legendaries?
also who wants a normal type cover legendary?

Raises hand

I do if they are cool.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky animals and you know it." -Tommy Lee Jones, Men in Black.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Choppa675

Choppa675
2 months ago#9
I thought of something not too long ago... Might be interesting enough for a Poison Legendary/Mythical.

Toxicula
Poison/Dark
Genderless
Species: Bloodthirst Pokemon
Ability: Vampire (Contact moves heals for 1/16 of its hp, and biting moves heal 1/8.)
HP: 100
Atk: 130
Def: 90
SpA: 100
SpD: 80
Speed: 100

BST Total: 600 (like many legendaries/mythicals obviously)
EV Yield: Atk 3

Appearance: Based on a vampire bat and Dracula. Its wings on the back look like the cloak of a vampire, and its body is mostly black, with its wings being blood red and having purple claws and fangs.

Dex Entry 1: It often makes its home in abandoned castles and sleeps in them for centuries and will awaken at night hungry for the blood of pokemon and people.

Dex Entry 2: Its venom is so deadly that a single bite from it is often a death sentence for any non steel or poison type pokemon.

Dex Entry 3: While it's very powerful, it avoids sunlight like the plague, and the few people who have seen it assumes that its eyesight is very sensitive and may turn it blind from the tiniest bit of sun.

Signature Moves:

Terror Fang
Dark
Physical
90 acc
BP: 100
PP: 5
Effect: 30% of causing the opponent to flinch

Noxious Bite
Poison
Physical
85 acc
BP: 90
PP: 5
Effect: Will always badly poison the target and have a 15% chance of spreading other pokemon surrounding it, excluding poison and steel types. If switched out, it won't spread.

This is still a work in progress, since I'm still a bit unsure if I should alter the stats somewhat or maybe nerf the ability a little.
You better be praising that sun...
http://i.imgur.com/iuHjZlx.jpg

User Info: misty_falls

misty_falls
2 months ago#10
A snake Pokemon based on the snake in bible that tempted Eve into biting the apple. lol

Poison/Psychic
Knowledge Pokemon
Ability: Corruption- Poisoned targets also gets their defense and special defense reduced by two stages.

HP- 105
Atk- 85
Def- 95
Sp Atk- 145
Sp Def- 115
Spd- 105
total: 650

Signature move:
Toxic Wisdom (Poison/Special)
-Bombards the target with malicious knowledge beyond their comprehension.
Acc: 100%
Power: 80
PP: 10 (max: 14)
Effect: 100% chance to badly poison the target. Also confuses the target for 2 to 5 turns. This move can also poison steel-type and poison-type Pokemons.
now playing: Genesis Classics Collection (PS4), Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux (3DS)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Shield
  3. Let's think up a Poison-type Legendary/Mythical Pokémon
  • Post New Message