You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Shield
  3. Yes/No: change Ice-type to Cold-type

User Info: UltDeadpool

UltDeadpool
1 week ago#1
Yes/No: change Ice-type to Cold-type

The biggest criticism of Ice-type is that its treated like frozen water, so it is weak to anything that can melt or break it, which is a lot of common attacks.

Its really the opposite of fire, the absence of heat. So if it were changed to the Cold-type, then it would still modified to being...

Strong: Dragon, Grass, Ground, Flying
Resist: Cold
Immune: -
Weak: Fire and ?
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: ss21vegito

ss21vegito
1 week ago#2
It’s literally not that serious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ujjQA4vGw

User Info: Hejiru

Hejiru
1 week ago#3
Only if we rename Wet-type and Hot-type.
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy

UltDeadpool
1 week ago#4
Hejiru posted...
Only if we rename Wet-type and Hot-type.

We have those.

User Info: Omfg

Omfg
1 week ago#5
No I like Ice type...

User Info: Mastadi

Mastadi
1 week ago#6
UltDeadpool posted...
We have those.

No. We have Water and Fire. If they were Wet and Hot (giggity), Water wouldn't be weak to Electricity, and Fire wouldn't be weak to Rock and Ground
3DS FC: 2810-3603-6198
IGN: Mastadi | Gen 7 Trading List: https://bit.ly/2Uxrkqf

UltDeadpool
1 week ago#7
Mastadi posted...
UltDeadpool posted...
We have those.

No. We have Water and Fire. If they were Wet and Hot (giggity), Water wouldn't be weak to Electricity, and Fire wouldn't be weak to Rock and Ground

Water makes things wet. Heat and subsequently combustion are caused by friction.

The lack of movement in molecules makes things cold, and Ice is just the result of water being cold.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: VeridisQuo

VeridisQuo
1 week ago#8
Of course! Because when I see a giant f***ing ice table, or a ghostly snow maiden, or a big wooly mammoth with tusks of ice, all I think is "Damn, they must be cold."
One more time, we're gonna celebrate! Ah yeah, all right, don't stop the dancing!

User Info: SeiK0

SeiK0
1 week ago#9
We should also change Grass type to Plants type and Bug type to Insect type. And Dragon type to "Most of them are dragons but some are also dinosaurs, wyverns or just some big beasts"

UltDeadpool
1 week ago#10
SeiK0 posted...
We should also change Grass type to Plants type and Bug type to Insect type. And Dragon type to "Most of them are dragons but some are also dinosaurs, wyverns or just some big beasts"

I agree about changing Grass to Plant.

Arachnids are not insects but they are Bugs.

Dragons have many appearances in myth and legend, so it makes sense in that regard. Also wyverns and wyrms are sub categories of dragons.
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Shield
  3. Yes/No: change Ice-type to Cold-type