• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Shield
  3. Pokémon Crown and Scepter? Gen 8 based on England?

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
6 months ago#1
There have been various little elements that might suggest that the pair of Gen 8 games might be called Crown and Scepter and might be based in England. Since I'm still not totally clear on linking /vp/ here or not, I'll describe some of the information, link some images and then also a video which talks about this, which includes images of said leak.

Basically:
- just like in 2015 with a Pikachu wearing Hawaiian clothes, before SM's reveal, some plushies of Pikachu and Eevee wearing crowns and other clothes resembling royalty have been popping up; Pikachu is also holding a scepter;
- another image released by one of the official accounts for New Year featured Pikachu and Eevee in the aforementioned clothing;
- there's a crown piece of customization that is buyable in LGPE for the maximum amount of money.. This could be a hint just in the same vein as the Strange Souvenir in Kalos;
- James Turner, one of the Pokémon/character designers at GF (the only non-JP one, tmk), has posted this image on his Twitter, which contains a Pikachu wearing a crown and holding a detective lens (which might stand in for a scepter?) and a Guzzlord that is eating the year 2018, written in colors reminiscent of SM/USUM;
- a clearly England inspired Region has popped up in a TV program in one episode of the anime; might be nothing, but might also be a hint;
- the 4chan leak mentions other information, among which the Starters (rabbit, sheep, dolphin) and the two Cover Legendaries, which to me are more interesting and less likely to be BS, compared to the rest, at least, because I can easily see them incorporating the crown and scepter "themes": a thorn spider (crown) and a butterfly (scepter).

Pikachu wearing the crown piece: https://www.serebii.net/letsgopikachueevee/pokemon/025-crown.png
James Turner's Twitter post: https://twitter.com/JamesTurner_42/status/1079943213941575681
Image of the England Region in the anime (taken from a thumbnail, apparently): https://i.ytimg.com/vi/xHZIFb8gK10/maxresdefault.jpg

An England Region might bring forth more connection with Kalos and the War, due to the famous rl France-England relationship; also, since they unfortunately stated that they're not done with Mega Evolution, this might be a good occasion to bring them in the spotlight again, especially if there are new lore pieces about the aforementioned War of 3000 years ago.

This video talks about all of this and something more, including the 4chan leak which I'm not sure I can link, here.

https://youtu.be/rjUCCZrbxF0
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman

User Info: PinkSalmon

PinkSalmon
6 months ago#2
*Watches video* ... Really, Rowlit? Corsola Gen 3?

But yes, there's been much discussion about this on the Bulbapedia Forums, and it certainly seems to be gaining traction. Personally, I think that all the theories are on to something... But of course I think that with just about everything!

However, if it is true, then...

- Regional Delicacy: Jaffa Cake? (Or a scone, which is probably more well known)
- One of the "Gyms" is a giant clock?
- League will be based on Parliament Buliding, or one of the Castle/Palaces?
- (I'm sure there will be at least one castle somewhere)
- Lion/Unicorn Pokémon in the Regional Dex?
- (Thought those would be the Cover Legends, I've never heard of a Thorn Spider before!)
- Lots of Fairy Types in the Regional Dex?
- And guess I'll just go ahead and say it: Kalos Post-Game!
- (Yeah, I know that's not actually going to happen, but hey...)

User Info: Microcastle

Microcastle
6 months ago#3
There was a 4chan leak?
"When you're loving most at night
And I love you back."

User Info: LightningAce11

LightningAce11
6 months ago#4
What is so interesting about England that they would decide to make a region after it?
"I'm an atheist too but still believe in hell. That's where you're headed pal." - Mr_Karate_II

User Info: SomeBlindGuy

SomeBlindGuy
6 months ago#5
If Genration 8 really is based off England there better be a Dragon-Type Eeveevlution considering all the Dragon Myths in Europe. And if a Draceon does happen, have it evolve in a normal way.
Making me truly angry is the hardest Achievement to unlock in the game of Life, you'll probably never unlock it.

Andrex_93
6 months ago#6
PinkSalmon posted...
But yes, there's been much discussion about this on the Bulbapedia Forums, and it certainly seems to be gaining traction.

Interesting. I'm not on Bulbapedia Forums, so I didn't know, but I figured some other places were probably talking about this, especially since the UK is kind of high on people's wishlists (?) and the anime episode..

PinkSalmon posted...
- League will be based on Parliament Buliding, or one of the Castle/Palaces?

I really hope, piggy-backing on a Mr. Buddy's idea, IIRC, that Victory Road is actually Victory Gardens, this time, and it's based around the gardens outside of Buckingham Palace (IIRC his idea was to have the League in that place).

That would make for a different kind of Victory Road, where you would use Cut instead of the standard VR HMs (of course, HMs probably won't be back, unfortunately, but still).

PinkSalmon posted...
- Lots of Fairy Types in the Regional Dex?

Might be; hopefully they can branch out a little and have a more focused Regional Dex (Alola was on the right track on this) and have Spritzee as one of them: it would be interesting to see Aromatisse's role as a Fairy Trick Room setter immune to Taunt in VGC20.

PinkSalmon posted...
- And guess I'll just go ahead and say it: Kalos Post-Game!

This will surely be a recurring hope among many, if this actually is true.. Now, I doubt it will happen, as you said..

Microcastle posted...
There was a 4chan leak?

So far it's only a rumor, as it might be fake, but, who knows.. There seem to be some elements aligning; perhaps a bit too many for everything to be just a coincidence.

LightningAce11 posted...
What is so interesting about England that they would decide to make a region after it?

I'm not from there but there's certainly very famous landmarks and beautiful folkloristic environments and legends that they could adapt and enhance in a Pokémon game: I certainly am more interested in a Region based on this area and know more about it that could make for a pretty good game than Spain or Indonesia or something.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman

User Info: nuke2099

nuke2099
6 months ago#7
As someone from Britain it annoys me when those outside of it (mainly Americans) refer to the entirety of the UK as England....does Scotland, Wales, Northen Ireland and Cornwall not exist or something?

Actually Cornwall is part of England but no true Cornishman would ever refer to themselves as English. :P

Britain has a bunch of myths and history and it could also link with Kalos via something similar to the 100 years war.
Gamertag: Nuke2099

Andrex_93
6 months ago#8
@nuke2099 posted...
As someone from Britain it annoys me when those outside of it (mainly Americans) refer to the entirety of the UK as England....does Scotland, Wales, Northen Ireland and Cornwall not exist or something?

Actually Cornwall is part of England but no true Cornishman would ever refer to themselves as English. :P

Britain has a bunch of myths and history and it could also link with Kalos via something similar to the 100 years war.

I'm just speaking about England both because the leak refers specifically to it (some even just talk about London) and because I believe they try to focus in on their areas to base Regions on, meaning that the entire UK would potentially be too large for a Region, and I wouldn't know how they'd do Nothern Ireland without the rest of it, since some are thinking the map might actually be modified to just have Northern Ireland in it.. Which would piss off the rest of the Irish folk; I can assure you, I know the difference between Great Britain, UK and England quite well.

User Info: nuke2099

nuke2099
6 months ago#9
Andrex_93 posted...
@nuke2099 posted...

I'm just speaking about England both because the leak refers specifically to it (some even just talk about London) and because I believe they try to focus in on their areas to base Regions on, meaning that the entire UK would potentially be too large for a Region, and I wouldn't know how they'd do Nothern Ireland without the rest of it, since some are thinking the map might actually be modified to just have Northern Ireland in it.. Which would piss off the rest of the Irish folk; I can assure you, I know the difference between Great Britain, UK and England quite well.

My post was mainly aimed at LightningAce but also at whomever refers to Britain as just England. Of course the game would just be based on one region.
Gamertag: Nuke2099

Andrex_93
6 months ago#10
nuke2099 posted...
My post was mainly aimed at LightningAce but also at whomever refers to Britain as just England. Of course the game would just be based on one region.

Ok, just thought of specifying since I've also mentioned England and I realize, reading your post, how that might look; also, you'd think so, yeah, but there are actually many people believing it will be based on the entirety of GB, if not the entire UK, for some reason.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Shield
  3. Pokémon Crown and Scepter? Gen 8 based on England?
  • Topic Archived