• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon for Nintendo Switch
  3. How would you like it if you could name moves?

User Info: slyfox198

slyfox198
1 month ago#1
Think about it. The animations could stay the same, but you could name the moves. For instance, you could name water gun something like aqua shot but the animation stays the same.

User Info: SomeBlindGuy

SomeBlindGuy
1 month ago#2
That would be ultimately pointless but it would be a fun feature.
https://i.imgur.com/jbEi6Yo.jpg
I've been told this picture is a sign I have depression, but I think it's a normal picture.

User Info: HoosierGuy88

HoosierGuy88
1 month ago#3
I would have never thought renaming moves would be necessary until the Let's Go games but names like splishy splash and buzzy buzz are in desperate need of renaming.

User Info: GuitaristMatt

GuitaristMatt
1 month ago#4
If we could name z moves and moves above 90 base power, then that would be pretty cool.

Yell out, Groudon use earth breaker! Or something.
PC | PS4 | Vita | PS3 | PSP | PS2 | PS1 | NS | Wii U | New 3DS | Wii | DS lite | GCN + GBP | GBA SP | GBA | GBC | SNES | GB | NES | 360

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
3 weeks ago#5
There really is no need for this much customization, it would only create more confusion (especially in PvP interactions) and it could potentially cut them off from coming up with names for new Moves.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman

User Info: Solar_Crimson

Solar_Crimson
3 weeks ago#6
HoosierGuy88 posted...
I would have never thought renaming moves would be necessary until the Let's Go games but names like splishy splash and buzzy buzz are in desperate need of renaming.

Yeah, those move names bother me with how childish they are, and signal the focus that those games have.
Be wary of boarding the hype train, lest you end up on the ruse cruise... - nanobuilder (r/nintendo)
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
3 weeks ago#7
Solar_Crimson posted...
HoosierGuy88 posted...

Yeah, those move names bother me with how childish they are, and signal the focus that those games have.

I can understand that, but I guess they don't bother me because they are pretty likely never going to leave those games, especially if Let's Go becomes a full-blown series, given that they're signatures of those specific Starters, which surely won't be transferable to normal games due to, among other things, their bloated Stats.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon for Nintendo Switch
  3. How would you like it if you could name moves?
  • Topic Archived