You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon for Nintendo Switch
  3. Which region should pokemon switch be based off of?

User Info: slyfox198

slyfox198
1 month ago#1
I personally think Africa would be really neat with its safaris.

User Info: Fenghuang

Fenghuang
1 month ago#2
Mexico, California, Japan, China, or Indonesia. I want somewhere at least subtropical or warm, I can't stand snow regions after Sinnoh TBH. I just hope the region itself takes second stage to the rest of the story this time. Couldn't stand how Kalos and Alola couldn't wait to yell at you "LOOK AT US WE'RE SO FRENCH/HAWAIIAN!!!!!111" every 2.5 seconds. It got old really fast. I play Pokemon to visit the Pokemon world. Playing these games just feels like I am funding Masuda's inflated travel budget at this point.

User Info: CharizardFang

CharizardFang
1 month ago#3
I'd say:
Africa with areas similar to the Savanna/Jungle/Swamps/Desert/Madagascar?
China with the Great wall/hong kong/shoulin temples
England with a modern/victorian aesthetic.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: ThatKipp

ThatKipp
4 weeks ago#4
I agree with Fenghuang. The last 5 years’ games have been all too willing to repeatedly beat us over the head with the culture they’re appropriating. I kind of preferred the earlier games that had some basis in real areas, but took lots of liberties (e.g. jungles and snowy mountains in Japan, a desert in Manhattan). It made the game feel rooted in reality, but also connected to the worlds of previous games. Nowadays it’s just “Pokemon does Indonesia” or whatever other area GameFreak feels like educating children about.
http://i.imgur.com/Upcd7fL.png
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: GuitaristMatt

GuitaristMatt
4 weeks ago#5
China has been the best suggestion with it's extremely varried terrain, large cities, water, mountains, desert, and culture bonuses.
PC | PS4 | Vita | PS3 | PSP | PS2 | PS1 | NS | Wii U | New 3DS | Wii | DS lite | GCN + GBP | GBA SP | GBA | GBC | SNES | GB | NES | 360

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
3 weeks ago#6
Lately I think I became pretty keen on a Region based on England, but, really, whatever they pick is likely fine; if I had to choose something, though, would be to let tropical/island-themed places rest, for a while.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman

User Info: Mikeachu

Mikeachu
2 weeks ago#7
Australia. What better setting for an open world Pokemon than a continent where every animal is trying to kill you?

User Info: Ohmygosh_Josh

Ohmygosh_Josh
2 weeks ago#8
Mikeachu posted...
Australia. What better setting for an open world Pokemon than a continent where every animal is trying to kill you?

Ughhh. You’re not from Australia are you?

Australia isn’t completely filled with venomous creatures everywhere Lol - they’re mostly found at dry, hot areas like Uluru (crap, I forgot how to spell it). Is “Uluru” a whole part of Australia? No, just a section.

There’s more to Australia than poison and venom - like cities for example. Not many venomous creatures are found there Lol.
"Everyone is here!" Yeah, everyone except Decidueye, Isaac, Geno, Bandanna Dee, Skull Kid, Rayman, Banjo, Sub-Zero and Scorpion.

User Info: Mephsuit

Mephsuit
2 weeks ago#9
Brazil has a giant Japanese population/diaspora. Count on it.
The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'.

User Info: RollerBob

RollerBob
2 hours ago#10
Australia, or Oceania to include the neighbouring islands
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak french. Yes, I live in Quebec.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon for Nintendo Switch
  3. Which region should pokemon switch be based off of?