The Kirby game I want most is Amazing Mirror 2.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Kirby Star Allies
  3. The Kirby game I want most is Amazing Mirror 2.

User Info: ThatKipp

ThatKipp
1 month ago#1
Amazing Mirror was a great game, and was actually pretty challenging for a Kirby game, what with the small amount of health that you have to start. It introduced us to characters like Dark Meta Knight and Mirror World Kirby, plus it's the only Kirby game without Whispy Woods or Dedede. I don't really care if we ever get to go to the Mirror World again, I just want the Metroidvania gameplay style to return to a Kirby game. I thought it worked really well; Amazing Mirror is my favorite Kirby game and IMO all it's missing is Super Star-style movesets.
http://i.imgur.com/Upcd7fL.png

User Info: NewDonker

NewDonker
1 month ago#2
ThatKipp posted...
Amazing Mirror was a great game, and was actually pretty challenging for a Kirby game, what with the small amount of health that you have to start. It introduced us to characters like Dark Meta Knight and Mirror World Kirby, plus it's the only Kirby game without Whispy Woods or Dedede. I don't really care if we ever get to go to the Mirror World again, I just want the Metroidvania gameplay style to return to a Kirby game. I thought it worked really well; Amazing Mirror is my favorite Kirby game and IMO all it's missing is Super Star-style movesets.

Why is this a good thing? At best, it’s neutral. Besides, they pretty much had Whispy in King Golem
~~I'll be your 1-up girl!*~~
*Am actually male

User Info: Fargowilta

Fargowilta
1 month ago#3
Metroidvania Kirby is a dream of mine too. I really enjoyed amazing mirror but it was basically just a ton of branching paths.

If copy abilities were unlocked over time that could let you in to new areas that would be awesome. Like the basics like ropes can be cut once you get sword, stakes pounded with hammer. Floating could be limited like in 64 so you'd need wing to get to certain high places etc.

User Info: WodPython

WodPython
1 month ago#4
It always kind of bugged me that the Mirror World didn't show a King Dedede counterpart...(though I guess that's what Shadow Dedede was in Triple Deluxe Dedede storyline).

I really liked the Golem enemy, kind of sad they never returned (would have appeared in the Kirby GCN game had it not been cancelled).

I always like to think of the counter parts as:

King Golem to Whispy Woods
Wiz to Paint Roller
Kracko to Kracky
Moley to Mrs. Moley
Master Hand and Crazy Hand to Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright
Mega Titan to Heavy Mole
Gobbler to Acro
Dark Meta Knight to Meta Knight
Dark Mind to Nightmare
Shadow Kirby to Kirby

My own speculation =D
"Doom set the bar for fps's. Metroid Prime rose beyond that bar into territory no other video game could ever hope to touch." --from a youtuber.

User Info: OshawottGuy4

OshawottGuy4
1 month ago#5
I want another game where you can play with others and explore the entire world like that doing your own thing.
Right, I'll do you for that.
Toxic people are just people that were abused in their childhood, are currently having a terrible life, and/or having no life.

User Info: Lizuka8002

Lizuka8002
1 month ago#6
I like Amazing Mirror and the Great Cave Offensive and the like, but honestly I don't think Kirby makes the transition to Metroidvania that well. It can work but I think it generally feels like a step down.

User Info: Sega9599

Sega9599
1 month ago#7
Implement online and I think you're on to s winner there
Needed: New Pokemon Puzzle League, Shining Force and Left 4 Dead....

User Info: 123chatty

123chatty
1 month ago#8
Aside from the metroidvania style, I'd like to see some enemies from AM return too. Remember Prank? Leap? Amazing mirror IMO had the best set of normal enemies. Also Box Boxin>Knuckle Joe. fite me.

ThatKipp
1 month ago#9
NewDonker posted...
Why is this a good thing? At best, it’s neutral. Besides, they pretty much had Whispy in King Golem

It's not really a good thing, I just included it because it's another unique thing about Amazing Mirror that sets it apart from other Kirby games. But you're right, King Golem is the mirror version of Whispy, but at least they didn't make Whispy's mirror version another Whispy like they did for Kracko.

Fargowilta posted...
Metroidvania Kirby is a dream of mine too. I really enjoyed amazing mirror but it was basically just a ton of branching paths.

If copy abilities were unlocked over time that could let you in to new areas that would be awesome. Like the basics like ropes can be cut once you get sword, stakes pounded with hammer. Floating could be limited like in 64 so you'd need wing to get to certain high places etc.

I actually really like that Amazing Mirror doesn't have any unlockable abilities or character progression (at least not any that affects your ability to explore). It sets the game apart from other Metroidvanias, and I love the feeling of having the entire game at your fingertips once you finish Moonlight Mansion. I won't discriminate though-- I like any Metroidvania I can get my hands on-- so I'd be open to unlockable copy abilities.

OshawottGuy4 posted...
I want another game where you can play with others and explore the entire world like that doing your own thing.

I'd agree completely. Amazing Mirror experimented with multiplayer in a unique way that's almost MMO-like in a sense. The game isn't designed for multiplayer like Star Allies is, but you can do it if you have the hardware, and because each player has their own screen, you can tackle areas as a team, or split off and just explore the world by yourselves. It's a shame most people (myself included) never even knew enough people with the game to play 2-player, much less full 4-player co-op. And that's not even counting the number of link cables you'd need!

ThatKipp
1 month ago#10
123chatty posted...
Also Box Boxin>Knuckle Joe. fite me

I LOVE BOX BOXER
  1. Boards
  2. Kirby Star Allies
  3. The Kirby game I want most is Amazing Mirror 2.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived