Why get a game over screen when you die?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. .hack//G.U. Last Recode
  3. Why get a game over screen when you die?

User Info: Hemerukio

Hemerukio
5 months ago#1
I could understand for the plot important bosses where dying = real life coma, but dying to a random mob in the field? People die in MMOs all the time; it's unavoidable, even. That's why respawns are a thing. Why is Haseo not allowed to die at all, period? Is he the kind of player that just ragequits the moment he dies in a game once for any reason?
PSN: Everember
Current Mood: Danganronpa V3, FFXIV, Bloodborne, Dragon's Dogma, .hack//G.U. Last Recode

User Info: greeeed

greeeed
5 months ago#2
Probably because of Kite Data Drain.
http://howdrawmanga.com

User Info: tekato

tekato
5 months ago#3
It's part of the game's lore, when any player dies they lose all progress after they last saved. Just watch the anime .hack//roots.

User Info: Overlord_Meril

Overlord_Meril
5 months ago#4
They changed that though... You should be able to restart the fight from the beginning.

I died in a high level area, it gave me the option to retry. However, the game didn't pause or anything, so my party revived me. I couldn't remember if that was a thing before, but it wasn't, was it?

User Info: jsommze

jsommze
5 months ago#5
Because that’s how video games used to work?
gamertag: CorBird
PSN id: CorBird

User Info: Hemerukio

Hemerukio
5 months ago#6
Overlord_Meril posted...
They changed that though... You should be able to restart the fight from the beginning.

I died in a high level area, it gave me the option to retry. However, the game didn't pause or anything, so my party revived me. I couldn't remember if that was a thing before, but it wasn't, was it?

It was. If you died but your party was still alive, they could revive you themselves. It was only a game over if the full party died.

And I forgot about the loss of save data, @tekato. Thanks!
PSN: Everember
Current Mood: Danganronpa V3, FFXIV, Bloodborne, Dragon's Dogma, .hack//G.U. Last Recode
  1. Boards
  2. .hack//G.U. Last Recode
  3. Why get a game over screen when you die?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived