• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR
  3. Does Skyrim VR give you Motion Sickness?

User Info: loki00_00

loki00_00
1 year ago#1
What if any effect does this game have on you? - Results (432 votes)
This game does not give me motion sickness.
27.78% (120 votes)
I get motion sickness with the controller but not the move.
11.81% (51 votes)
I get motion sickness with the move but not the controller.
4.63% (20 votes)
No matter what control method I use I get motion sickness.
52.31% (226 votes)
Skyrim is for losers and I hate VR. Just here to troll baby!!
3.47% (15 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Yeah it made me sick, just like RE7 did, I tried using the move controls at first but I couldn't figure out how to pick up items, so I quit for a while, and played it again with a controller, then within ten minutes I could feel the vomit beginning to churn in my gut, and closed down the game, and played it on Switch instead.

I am very weak to this kind of stuff.... Jeez maybe the teleport system really is for me, it's dumb as Hell, but at least it won't make me projectile vomit across the room. It's like being drunk without the intoxication.

Still cool as Hell, and not every game is like this. I kind of want an HTC Vive because I hear people don't get sick very often with that one.

[drops a smoke bomb and runs away.]
The official Oni of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board

User Info: killervz2

killervz2
1 year ago#2
the more i talk to ppl i find im either lucky or special in that ive never experienced motion sickness in any vr game. whether occulus, gear, or psvr.
i play with direct movement, move controllers, and all that FoV stuff off in skyrim and ive been 100% fine.

User Info: phoneixfencer

phoneixfencer
1 year ago#3
I used to get it a little from Rigs, especially when you die and get lifted real fast into the air. Could only play that game for a few minutes. Played 5 hours of Skyrim, took off every comfort feature like those fov shaders and I felt fine the entire time. Jumped off buildings, ran around in circles, no sickness.
GTA: O Created by trolls, for trolls.

User Info: Ormarr

Ormarr
1 year ago#4
I found that Skyrim VR was better than RE for the motion sickness. Skyrim VR lets you adjust the FOV while moving (tunnel vision kind of thing) and I find it helps (it resets to full view when you stop moving). I also found that as I played Skyrim VR a few times (I got lucky and my Bestbuy pre-order showed up 2 days early) that feeling of nausea got better as I played.

Currently only tried the controller as I had to charge the Move controllers first. Using normal motion and it works very well.

I manage to play for 2 hours + straight with relatively minimal nausea (clearly or I would have stopped).

User Info: Lord_Sniper_IV

Lord_Sniper_IV
1 year ago#5
killervz2 posted...
the more i talk to ppl i find im either lucky or special in that ive never experienced motion sickness in any vr game. whether occulus, gear, or psvr.
i play with direct movement, move controllers, and all that FoV stuff off in skyrim and ive been 100% fine.

I'm like this. That being said TC, I feel like there is a tolerance level and the more you do it the more you adapt to it and get less sick. I would stick with it. Maybe do like 10-15 min each day

User Info: Ormarr

Ormarr
1 year ago#6
Lord_Sniper_IV posted...
killervz2 posted...

I'm like this. That being said TC, I feel like there is a tolerance level and the more you do it the more you adapt to it and get less sick. I would stick with it. Maybe do like 10-15 min each day

I would say my experience has been the same. I played RE last week and it made my stomach turn a fair bit. Played Skyrim VR 2 days ago and had a bit of motion sickness. I still managed to get a few 2 hour+ sessions in. By yesterday evening, it didn't really bother me at all while playing (I did adjust the FOV a bit to make it narrower while moving).

User Info: Tandirion

Tandirion
1 year ago#7
I've found that having a fan blowing on you while playing helps to combat motion sickness in VR. Without it I would usually feel sick after about 20 mins but can now go for about an hour before needing a break.
Not changing this sig until I change it.

User Info: Garmmermibe01

Garmmermibe01
1 year ago#8
VR has never given me motion sickness. Though, I can't say if this would or not because I'm holding off on buying it until I find out if it's compatible with remaster saves or not.
If anyone is interested in a long peice of Evangelion fanfiction, you can find mine at- https://m.fanfiction.net/s/12033635/1/

User Info: D-Qwon

D-Qwon
1 year ago#9
killervz2 posted...

You're lucky. I tried the Driveclub demo last night and I got sick after about 2 minutes of driving. I couldn't even play any other VR games afterward.
Get your groove on!

User Info: Addplayer

Addplayer
1 year ago#10
RE 7 didn't male me motion sick. This game does get me a little dizzy in the larger open areas.
Rigs and driving games were a bit much for me.
Gaming: The Evil Within 2, WWE 2K18, and DD: Dark Arisen.
Youtube - The Chosen Shane
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR
  3. Does Skyrim VR give you Motion Sickness?
  • Topic Archived