• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. PC Players: Are you gonna get a Switch just for Rise?
HeliosMagi 1 year ago#1
Buy, Emulate, or Skip?

Unless they announce an official PC version I'll probably just run it on Yuzu.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out. He ate glue."
i5-8400|16GB DDR4-2666|GTX 1060 6GB|250GB SSD|1TB HDD|Corsair Spec-01
Dark_Abaddon 1 year ago#2
I own a switch so I'm good
Gaming while on a treadmill
orBhsiF 1 year ago#3
I'll emulate it most likely. I have a Switch but the game just does not get me excited at all.
Xbox GT: Ki XVIII. Feel free to add for Iceborne.
Free_san 1 year ago#4
Definitely should have just put it in the PS4 section.

But I'll repeat what I already said: without the ability to mod in fixes to capcom's likely asinine game design decisions (even if I personally don't use said fixes), that's a no buy for me. I own a switch, and I've had enough of capcom's dripfeed asinine game design decisions for one generation.

For the most part, I run no mods on IB. I occasionally bring up damage meter for curiosity or to see if someone's cheating, and a mod that optimizes game performaance. In base MHW, I ran an "all event quests available offline" because hunting buddies wanted to run it and they had less time to spare.

Seen a ton of complaints about deco rates in MHW + IB, KT RNG nonsense, guiding lands tedium, etc etc. While I personally kept going, I did it knowing that if I still truly hated it, I could fix it in minutes.

I don't trust capcom to keep that out of MHRise. If I were quite literally given the game (or have it set up for me on whatever emulator is out there), I still wouldn't play it if not for someone else.

But, a lot of what I feel is time-based. In time, I might be open to trying again and being slinger bursted into capcom's game design wall. Maybe I'll like it, maybe I won't. I'd have to wait until Rise Ultimate at minimum before I'd willingly try it myself though.
teknic1200 1 year ago#5
I already bought a switch for Gen U
Monster Huntin'
JoyHappiness 1 year ago#6
already have switch....
Casual Gamer, Typical Taurus Man
ProboBum 10 months ago#7
No need to get a Switch for MonHun Rise or emulating it if you're interested in it, it's officially coming to PC. That being said, you'll have to wait until sometime early 2022 for it.
Wild ARMs is still the best JRPG series in my opinion and we desperately need a new game in the series!
shaminos 8 months ago#8
Gonna get myself a switch later this year, but It's not the only game Im interested in, otherwise I wouldn't bother purchasing it solely for that game, specially since PC release is coming next year.
However, my reason for acquiring a switch is mostly cuz I have a couple of friends to play with.
Timic83 1 week ago#9
I'd play it on Steam lol
Already have world tho
Not changing this sig until Disney gives us back the Star Wars EU
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. PC Players: Are you gonna get a Switch just for Rise?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A