Just played the beta, ask me questions if you are interested in the game.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Just played the beta, ask me questions if you are interested in the game.

User Info: Horinees

Horinees
6 months ago#11
Is there a healer class i love to support my team in games.

Can i also be a long range guy lets say bow only , or is a bow more a secondary.

Also can you trade or sell stuff to others and is there a home town to meet people.?

User Info: professor x

professor x
6 months ago#12
Horinees posted...
Is there a healer class i love to support my team in games.

Can i also be a long range guy lets say bow only , or is a bow more a secondary.

Also can you trade or sell stuff to others and is there a home town to meet people.?

There are no roles in MH period, its not like a MMO. Everyone is dps, except some weapons have added side effect of supporting team mates BUT its not their primary purpose. Every weapon type is "primary", every weapon type can beat the game from start to finish. Some weapons have easier time against some monsters but may have harder time against others.

There is no auction house of kind. You can trade with others but only very basic stuff, like potions. No trading of weapons/armor/rare materials, you must farm everything yourself. I don't know if there will be a online lobby, there certainly can be.

Basically, MH is not a RPG or MMO, its more of a 3rd person vs AI fighting game, or a soul-like boss rush game.
PSN: rollo-the-cat
CAToooGF Rank 119 LS: 5434175691 Character: Amy (atk 1692)

User Info: dokukaeru

dokukaeru
6 months ago#13
Do you have any info on microtansactions?

I've been playing fortnite pve and I'm so sick of microtransaction hindering progression of an otherwise fantastic game.
If it's a handful of boost types and skins for cash, that's not so bad. If I need to drop another couple hundred bucks in order to effectively level up, I'm out.
People that dont believe in evolution are like people that dont believe in computers.

User Info: 1UpJohn

1UpJohn
6 months ago#14
Monster Hunter has never had micro-transactions. Capcom is planning to support MHW with free updates throughout the year, as they have done with the other games. They mentioned recently they are open to doing micro-transactions in the future but I wouldn't worry about that. It would most likely just be cosmetic.

User Info: Deathpossesion

Deathpossesion
6 months ago#15
How long does it take to use a potion? I only played freedom unite and it takes 2-3 times as long to get your hp back then in dark souls 1-3 which I truly hated
In the game of life it's a good idea to have a few early losses, which relieves you of the pressure of trying to maintain an undefeated season.GT: Sm0oth Legacy

User Info: Akubarix

Akubarix
6 months ago#16
Deathpossesion posted...
How long does it take to use a potion? I only played freedom unite and it takes 2-3 times as long to get your hp back then in dark souls 1-3 which I truly hated

A few seconds. Works faster if you're stationary.
Lao on the streets. Rajang in the sheets.

User Info: 305michael305

305michael305
6 months ago#17
as A newbie to thebgame I may get it when I see it on sale. I may get the surge first I hear it’s cool as well.

User Info: dunn_dolo_4life

dunn_dolo_4life
6 months ago#18
Is there a token monster with a broken hitbox? Plesioths and Cephadromes seem to have been having running trends of that these days.

IYO what is probably the main thing vets of series may not like that's different from the other series?
"PSA: people die when they are killed" - ineedsearch

User Info: KellerdanielX32

KellerdanielX32
6 months ago#19
Okay so I'm new to this type of game and I usually get like certain games that I like. I've been watching videos of these and the demo and I was just wondering if this game is really for me? I like that you can fight monsters, but having a faster swing, more weapons, and more blood is more of my type of game. So just curious.

User Info: shurio

shurio
6 months ago#20
KellerdanielX32 posted...
Okay so I'm new to this type of game and I usually get like certain games that I like. I've been watching videos of these and the demo and I was just wondering if this game is really for me? I like that you can fight monsters, but having a faster swing, more weapons, and more blood is more of my type of game. So just curious.

Check out videos of dual blades, they hit pretty fast. The speed of the weapon is based on the type of weapon. So obviously a hammer is not gonna hit as fast as sword and shield. There are 14 different weapon types each with there own speed and attack values. This isn't your standard adventure rpg type game, as you only bring one weapon with you and granted now you can switch weapon in camp while in the fight. It all depends on what you want, it is definitely different from the norm so keep that in mind.
Wizards eighth rule- Deserve victory.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Just played the beta, ask me questions if you are interested in the game.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived