• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shadow of the Colossus
  3. New speculation on the gold coins

User Info: Conker241

Conker241
1 year ago#1
https://youtu.be/aieV0Y12WNQ

Seems interesting. Anyone actually think this could be possible? It’s just hard to believe in this day and age that if there was a new location or an added colossus that it wouldn’t have been found yet. Considering many review copies have went out and some stores have broken the street day I find it surprising no one has spoiled it if it were possible.

Is it possible they could add a colossus on a day 1 patch?
Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

User Info: Rjmhart

Rjmhart
1 year ago#2
Well if it's anything I feel it almost has to be a day 1 patch. Someone would've found something by now and it's awfully suspicious that no one has found anything.

I found someone on psnprofiles that claims they have the Plat. I mentioned they could try to solve this mystery but they just said they are too busy playing MHW.
Really enjoying the ps4 library.

User Info: BlastoidPower

BlastoidPower
1 year ago#3
From the trophy list, there isn't one linked to the coins or a secret colossus, so I doubt the coins do anything especially big. Plus, if they were going to add colossi, wouldn't they have bragged about it officially? But maybe it's what they want you to think!

Worst case scenario, they do nothing at all and they're just there for the heck of it. I think that's likely, or that you get a Last Guardian costume for them or some kind of functionless skin.

User Info: GreenKnight127

GreenKnight127
1 year ago#4
Yeah, and maybe there will be a way to reach the top of the tower....

Oh wait.
~Gamefaqs logic: Q: If it's so obviously a troll topic...why are you responding to it? A: "Because I have to tell them it's a troll topic!" *facepalm*

User Info: Jahh75

Jahh75
1 year ago#5
BlastoidPower posted...
From the trophy list, there isn't one linked to the coins or a secret colossus, so I doubt the coins do anything especially big. Plus, if they were going to add colossi, wouldn't they have bragged about it officially? But maybe it's what they want you to think!

Worst case scenario, they do nothing at all and they're just there for the heck of it. I think that's likely, or that you get a Last Guardian costume for them or some kind of functionless skin.

Technically, this statement doesn’t make any sense at all because IF (and that’s a big IF) they were trying to surprise us with a 16th Colossi, not only could it be added in a patch (on day 1 or otherwise) but the Trophies could also be added at any point down the road....

Also, they don’t need to “brag” about this game to sell it, hype it up or any other reason for that matter. This is an all-time classic and sells itself. If anything, it would be a nice surprise for fans.

I’m not saying it’s going to happen for sure and I don’t wish to offend but your post lacks validity and logic....it simply doesn’t make sense.

User Info: cjtencounter

cjtencounter
1 year ago#6
Jahh75 posted...
BlastoidPower posted...

Technically, this statement doesn’t make any sense at all because IF (and that’s a big IF) they were trying to surprise us with a 16th Colossi, not only could it be added in a patch (on day 1 or otherwise) but the Trophies could also be added at any point down the road....

Also, they don’t need to “brag” about this game to sell it, hype it up or any other reason for that matter. This is an all-time classic and sells itself. If anything, it would be a nice surprise for fans.

I’m not saying it’s going to happen for sure and I don’t wish to offend but your post lacks validity and logic....it simply doesn’t make sense.

Exactly, I share the exact same view.

They wouldn't add those coins just for the heck of it. No matter what, they are there for a reason. Even if it's to just unlock something trivial as a new costume. Whatever it is, it's there for something. I have to believe that!
TOP 5 consoles: 1. PS1 | 2. PS2 | 3. NES | 4. Genesis | 5. PS3

User Info: Cubivore_

Cubivore_
1 year ago#7
Has anyone made to the garden yet? Maybe you can use them up there?

edit: nevermind. there's already video of the garden and there's nothing there.

User Info: S0LIDUS SNAKE

S0LIDUS SNAKE
1 year ago#8
Most of what's been said in this topic is wrong...

They won't add content with day one patch... stop dreaming, I doubt anyone would have unlocked the secret behind the coins and not tell, looking at IGN's map they have found many coins but not all because I found some not indicated on their map, notably along the south-eastern shore, along the cliff edge I dound 2 or 3 coins....

I'm having a blast with the remake, I'm searching for these coins exploring the map, it's very cool. Quite a bit of glitches but nothing too crazy.

Anyway back to coins, I'm sure there is something linked to these, nobody's found what yet. Maybe an island pops up where the numbers are at the end. Maybe a boat appears at Ico beach? Maybe something with the Lasy Guardian Barrel... I'm really psyched to see people busting this game wide open.

I'm sure we'll find places to climb mountains and find ways to explore the map further.

BTW I have the game since last thursday. (Just if anyone doubts, you can check my ID AlakazooHD)
Who needs a good signature when their post has good content?

User Info: splat_CAT_52

splat_CAT_52
1 year ago#9
I love that they added these coins or whatever they are. Awesome to have something new and adds even more replayability to a game I've already played a thousands times before. I'm also scouring the map right now trying to find these things. Extremely satisfying when you have a hunch about a certain spot or structure and your curiosity rewards you when you discover you were correct and hear that chime.

Of course aside from the coins everything else has been fantastic so far as well. Honestly can't think of a complaint.

Bravo, Bluepoint Games.
*Jumps out window & falls to the ground* "Hey! where the hell are my wings!?" -Train Heartnet
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Shadow of the Colossus
  3. New speculation on the gold coins
  • Topic Archived