• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shadow of the Colossus
  3. Cinematic vs Performance on PS4 Pro

User Info: Trespasser2003

Trespasser2003
1 year ago#11
50” 1080p here and I choose cinematic. It’s flawless looking and 60fps has always looked unnatural to me in games like this. It’s great for racing and fighting and action-heavy games like Doom or Killing Floor 2, but it makes this game feel somehow cheap to me.
Itchy itchy. scott came. ugly face so killed him. Tasty. 4// itchy. tasty.

User Info: iiiiiiiiiiiii

iiiiiiiiiiiii
1 year ago#12
Here is a visual comparison between Pro performance, cinematic and vanilla ps4.

https://youtu.be/Fux_Xp0lU4o

User Info: Rayder

Rayder
1 year ago#13
Cinematic mode for me. Resolution over framerate is my preference.
I play games, not count frames. Just make the games fun to play again, like they used to be in previous gens.

User Info: pushingstones

pushingstones
1 year ago#14
I'm playing in Cinematic, but I also have judder reduction turned on my 4k tv so it smooths it out. Looks absolutely beautiful.

User Info: Fishels

Fishels
1 year ago#15
metroidman18 posted...
Fishels posted...
metroidman18 posted...
it's a hard decision for me. performance looks noticeably blurrier and less detailed but so buttery smooth... feels wrong not experiencing the full amount of detail that went into this game. I still switch back and forth

4K tv or no?

Oh yes. Beautiful 4K OLED

Nice!

I was just wondering why said that, in case the game looks like s*** at 60fps on a 1080 screen lol.

User Info: RD_21

RD_21
1 year ago#16
I'm a gamer who tends to enjoy 30 fps and don't mind it, but there is something in this game (or it may be my tv) that makes me feel almost nauseous in cinematic mode when I walk in the wild and or turn my camera, like I can't focus. I have also turn down the motion blur by more than half.

My problem is that 60 look weird like it's too clean, almost soap opera like. Still haven't decided.

I need to look up if the graphics downgrade are important when you switch to performance.

User Info: RD_21

RD_21
1 year ago#17
iiiiiiiiiiiii posted...
Here is a visual comparison between Pro performance, cinematic and vanilla ps4.

https://youtu.be/Fux_Xp0lU4o

Wow according to this video, performance looks worst than base PS4.

User Info: XplodnPnguins92

XplodnPnguins92
1 year ago#18
60fps is nice, but 1080p looks blurry af compared to the higher res.
http://i.imgur.com/Dn9vLMi.jpg

User Info: GLAMPIRE

GLAMPIRE
1 year ago#19
4K TV and a pro here, but I honestly prefer the 60fps. Doesn't look blurry to me running at 1080p, in fact the it looks absolutely stunning.

I do like the cinematic mode, but for me... I prefer a boost in framerate.
PSN ID Deadbeat_Romeo
Gamertag Deadbeat Romeo

User Info: J-Fly

J-Fly
1 year ago#20
Hmm, 2 playthroughs on a 55 in LG in HDR. I honestly didn't notice a difference in either mode unless I was up close to the screen.......minor difference. I'll stick with Performance Mode.
---
PSN: J-Fly
  1. Boards
  2. Shadow of the Colossus
  3. Cinematic vs Performance on PS4 Pro
  • Topic Archived