• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shadow of the Colossus
  3. Cinematic vs Performance on PS4 Pro

User Info: J-Fly

J-Fly
1 year ago#1
Which mode will be your preference if you own PS4 Pro? - Results (313 votes)
Cinematic
42.81% (134 votes)
Performance
57.19% (179 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Man, I can't decide but I'm leaning a little towards Cinematic mode or maybe I'll give it one play-through in each mode.
---
PSN: J-Fly

User Info: BlackMageIsBest

BlackMageIsBest
1 year ago#2
When people use performance, they wont wanna switch back.

User Info: RPGNoZero

RPGNoZero
1 year ago#3
Never noticed that much differences between 720p and resolutions above it, so performance.
Xehanort's guardian is the will of Kairi's grandma. It will absorb Xehanort and become Kairi's grandma, the final villain!!!

User Info: cbgreely

cbgreely
1 year ago#4
Performance for sure, game looks gorgeous either way and 60 fps (with no motion blur) on this masterpiece has potential for GOTY.
Prequels>Sequels

User Info: Jahh75

Jahh75
1 year ago#5
Honestly though, I play Uncharted 4 a lot. Campaign is 30 FPS and Multiplayer is 60 FPS and while I do notice a difference, I myself am perfectly fine with the locked 30 FPS for the extra resolution and crazy beautiful textures and image quality. But then again, I play on a smaller (28 inch) 4K UHD gaming monitor with 1 ms RT. So maybe that makes a difference.

Anyway my preference is always going to be solid locked 30 FPS with the 4K UHD. The difference for me isn’t worth the resolution quality lose. I also prefer 4K over performance (testing both out) for Rise of the Tomb Raider and I just couldn’t go back.

It’s like, once you’re eyes adjust to that beautiful 3480x2260 it’s really really hard to go back. Everything looks way too blurry.

But hey, to each his own right!? Either way, it should be one hell of a game.

User Info: metroidman18

metroidman18
1 year ago#6
it's a hard decision for me. performance looks noticeably blurrier and less detailed but so buttery smooth... feels wrong not experiencing the full amount of detail that went into this game. I still switch back and forth
Nintendo Switch Friend Code:
0209837474242048207224841211641268813573927. Add me plz

User Info: Fishels

Fishels
1 year ago#7
metroidman18 posted...
it's a hard decision for me. performance looks noticeably blurrier and less detailed but so buttery smooth... feels wrong not experiencing the full amount of detail that went into this game. I still switch back and forth

4K tv or no?

User Info: HeavyLiquid

HeavyLiquid
1 year ago#8
I'll be playing on a 42" 4K monitor. I think it will be mostly performance mode. The jump from 30 to 60fps is very noticeable to me, and my monitor has a decent upscaler.

User Info: Brajzah

Brajzah
1 year ago#9
This is a kinda a tough one for me, I notice the drop in fluidity when playing performance mode but I'd really like to take advantage of playing on my 52" 4K and play on cinema mode too. I'll have to do some experimenting. Anyone with some good tech advice can let me know what they think :)

User Info: metroidman18

metroidman18
1 year ago#10
Fishels posted...
metroidman18 posted...

4K tv or no?

Oh yes. Beautiful 4K OLED
Nintendo Switch Friend Code:
0209837474242048207224841211641268813573927. Add me plz
  1. Boards
  2. Shadow of the Colossus
  3. Cinematic vs Performance on PS4 Pro
  • Topic Archived