• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Am I a jerk for abandoning this person?
Yesterday, I joined an SOS for the Silver Rathalos optional quest. And as we all know its weaknesses are Water (3 🌟) and Thunder (2 🌟). And is immune to Fire.

Now, before I jumped into the quest, I checked the guy's gear, and saw he was using the generic Glavenus Bow. I thought "maybe the game hasn't updated his gear info yet, because there is no way he's using a Fire weapon on a monster that is IMMUNE to Fire.."

I eat, and join the quest. I arrive at the scene of destruction to find that, my fears were true. This person was literally using a motherf***ing Fire element weapon on Silver Rathalos. So I decide to go along with it, thinking he would go back to camp to change weapons.

He never did. We spent 15-20 minutes going in circles because he mostly ran around the tight ass area. Which made it harder for me because I was using an Insect Glaive. I saw that we were getting nowhere and eventually abandoned the quest. Am I in the wrong?
Here is a wild signature in its natural habitat. Oh wait, that's not a signature...i-it's GRAND METROPOLIS!

User Info: phrett

phrett
1 week ago#2
nope... f that guy
People suck.

User Info: RottenCorpse

RottenCorpse
1 week ago#3
No you made the right call. Sometimes I join an sos then switch my gear in the lobby before I fly out to the quest because I tend to do random searches.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Shinagawakun

Shinagawakun
1 week ago#4
Yes because that guy was me.

Jkjk

Nope. Sometimes it's infuriating to see people use dumb builds that makes no sense.
The only thing to do better would be to explain why glav’s bow isn’t good against silverlos. Help him out. But leaving is fine, the only thing he’s got going for his damage is raw, and glav’s isn’t great for raw.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: tekato

tekato
1 week ago#6
Button_Masher_Z posted...
The only thing to do better would be to explain why glav’s bow isn’t good against silverlos. Help him out. But leaving is fine, the only thing he’s got going for his damage is raw, and glav’s isn’t great for raw.
Unfortunately some people will get triggered at the mere hint of you suggesting them to change their build.... Sometimes its better to just leave and not open up that giant can of worms.

User Info: didierre

didierre
1 week ago#7
This is nothing TC, I saw someone playing a Silver Rathalos SnS with Fire Charm IV on Raging Brachydios.

And if we talk another game, I saw people using Fireballs on Smelter Demon in DS2. People either have braindamage or the kid is playing their file.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: 2WorldsHunter

2WorldsHunter
1 week ago#8
Button_Masher_Z posted...
And then TC would have been the protagonist of a reddit post about how toxic this community is or something.
American "pizza" has nothing to do with actual pizza, deal with it.

User Info: Rayanson

Rayanson
1 week ago#9
I would've flamed him mid fight, CAPS LOCK, hoping I'd triple cart.
Who reads these anyway

User Info: Jackyturbo

Jackyturbo
1 week ago#10
Yeah if he was an english speaker, i'd personally have written him in the game chat to point out (politely) that it was counter-productive to use that bow.

If he acts like a dick, then yeah, leave afterwards
one lucky captain falcon spike : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0EfrjOUZko
SW-0773-9849-3872
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Am I a jerk for abandoning this person?
  • Topic Closed

GameFAQs Q&A