• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Welp. I give up trying. Alatreon is too hard for me

User Info: Dagger32

Dagger32
3 weeks ago#31
Best video I've seen analyzing the fight.

https://youtu.be/hHAQYXZ7E6A

I can meet the damage checks just fine but then I panic and mess everything up.
Can you Photoshop your life with better decisions?
PSN: Dagger_32

User Info: windklinge

windklinge
3 weeks ago#32
tekato posted...
This is what i mean about blaming the game for your own incompetence. If you learn his moveset you will see how many huge openings he leaves during and after his big aoes. You just need to learn where to position yourself to punish him during his moves.

i agree with this. EXCEPT his chargespam. that CAN actually become a problem as his entire body becomes a f***ing hitbox during it. you cannot melee him when he does that move. and i have had cases where he did that crap literally every 2nd move he did.

and such things can and will cost you the dps check despite normally beeing able to clear it. i did it solo a bunch of times with LS (granted it was the decay from kulve as safi ls all suck too hard elemental vlaue wise they are way too low on that front) and i had cases where i lost the 2nd nova check solely because he used his charge too often which made it impossible to attack him enough in total.

you can apologize the game for all you want but fullbodyhitbox moves thate are spammable are BAD DESIGN. end of story. that is a simple fact. now granted. that isnt an alatreon exclusive problem for certain but on him you get punished by a cart trough his nova when it happens which makes it more obivious while on regular monsters youll just lose some time on the clock in the end.

i mean you can still win even when you carted once but yeah. that is anything but FAIR difficulty. its cheap and therefore badly designed. sad fact.

aside that i like his flying move actually allowing you to melee him still if you stay below him most the time unlike most other flyers who never stay still long enough to land any f***ing combos on em. or whichs asses are so high up you cannot even hit em with your weapon.

seriously. the dev who made charge hitboxes affect the entire body needs to be fired ASAP from the team. as they are next level bulls*** in this game.

User Info: Jaegon

Jaegon
3 weeks ago#33
watch some LS speedruns, check the gear they used and keep at it. you can do this

User Info: tekato

tekato
3 weeks ago#34
windklinge posted...
i agree with this. EXCEPT his chargespam. that CAN actually become a problem as his entire body becomes a f***ing hitbox during it. you cannot melee him when he does that move. and i have had cases where he did that crap literally every 2nd move he did.

and such things can and will cost you the dps check despite normally beeing able to clear it. i did it solo a bunch of times with LS (granted it was the decay from kulve as safi ls all suck too hard elemental vlaue wise they are way too low on that front) and i had cases where i lost the 2nd nova check solely because he used his charge too often which made it impossible to attack him enough in total.

you can apologize the game for all you want but fullbodyhitbox moves thate are spammable are BAD DESIGN. end of story. that is a simple fact. now granted. that isnt an alatreon exclusive problem for certain but on him you get punished by a cart trough his nova when it happens which makes it more obivious while on regular monsters youll just lose some time on the clock in the end.

i mean you can still win even when you carted once but yeah. that is anything but FAIR difficulty. its cheap and therefore badly designed. sad fact.

aside that i like his flying move actually allowing you to melee him still if you stay below him most the time unlike most other flyers who never stay still long enough to land any f***ing combos on em. or whichs asses are so high up you cannot even hit em with your weapon.

seriously. the dev who made charge hitboxes affect the entire body needs to be fired ASAP from the team. as they are next level bulls*** in this game.
Never stand directly infront of it unless it's doing a long animation attack like frost breath or that lightning storm where it just stands there charging up. Not excusing the fullbody hitbox charge but it's pretty easy to avoid by positioning yourself properly and not over commiting to attacks.

User Info: ronaldjenkees

ronaldjenkees
3 weeks ago#35
You guys saying this is bad design would never have made it in the first few games. Those monsters were truly badly designed with broken hitboxes and endless flying Rathalos with no ways to ground him. Alatreon is just difficult plain and simple. There are dozens of speedrun videos of players defeating him.

User Info: tekato

tekato
3 weeks ago#36
DivineCrawd2000 posted...
I'm using Kjarr ICE CB with full Safi set, ,790 ice damage, I can't max out Ice attack skill because I need 1 slot for Blight. I'm running:

Ice Attack 4(5 with mantle)
Crit eye 5
Health Boost 3
Blight 3
Crit 3
WE 3
Evade window 3
Stun 2
Focus 1
Agi 1
Free meal 1
Crit Element
Honestly this build looks good enough to pass this quest. You probably should look at some charge blade runs for alatreon and take notes. I don't play cb so I can't give any tips really.

User Info: corrin6657

corrin6657
3 weeks ago#37
MetalGearDogma posted...
Seriously. I tried everything

Yesterday I didn't even manage to break a horn or kick him out of his full power Nova

For some reason he changed his Moveset completely. The first two days he used that big Lightning again and again so I had a great opportunity to attack. But Now he spams that big fire AOE attack and runs around all the time.

I'm forced to abandon the quest when I cart within 5 minutes because I dont see myself surviving every Nova

And I'm not good enough with other weapons to try those

Alatreon has bested me. I'm gonna take a break and play something else untill the festival.

Try using different weapon style to learn his opening. Imo Critical draw GS is the best choice for this task.
And I manage to solo him by following this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJUU6dPD_Zc

User Info: TEzeon431

TEzeon431
3 weeks ago#38
@MetalGearDogma

https://youtube.com/watch?v=JJTxExRLXaY
The official sexyness connoisseur~

User Info: Dethuli

Dethuli
3 weeks ago#39
ronaldjenkees posted...
You guys saying this is bad design would never have made it in the first few games. Those monsters were truly badly designed with broken hitboxes and endless flying Rathalos with no ways to ground him. Alatreon is just difficult plain and simple.
I'm not commenting on whether this iteration of Alatreon is designed poorly or well, but what relevance do past MH titles have in this discussion? What relevance do past titles have ever? Perhaps past titles were designed poorly, but that doesn't validate poor design in current and future titles.

Don't ask questions. Consume product. Get excited for next product.

User Info: Badman76

Badman76
3 weeks ago#40
I walked away from the game because i couldn't beat him.
My urge to sing 'The lion sleeps tonight' is just a whim away
A-whim-away a-whim-away a-whim-away a-whim-away
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Welp. I give up trying. Alatreon is too hard for me
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A