• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Welp. I give up trying. Alatreon is too hard for me

User Info: MetalGearDogma

MetalGearDogma
4 weeks ago#1
Seriously. I tried everything

Yesterday I didn't even manage to break a horn or kick him out of his full power Nova

For some reason he changed his Moveset completely. The first two days he used that big Lightning again and again so I had a great opportunity to attack. But Now he spams that big fire AOE attack and runs around all the time.

I'm forced to abandon the quest when I cart within 5 minutes because I dont see myself surviving every Nova

And I'm not good enough with other weapons to try those

Alatreon has bested me. I'm gonna take a break and play something else untill the festival.
PSN: FF7_Lissy
Let's mosey!

User Info: tekato

tekato
4 weeks ago#2
It's fine to give up on a fight that you can't handle . I wish more people would accept their limits like you instead of blaming the game. You can always try again when u feel up for it.

User Info: DivineCrawd2000

DivineCrawd2000
4 weeks ago#3
I'm feeling the same way, this gimmick has me stumped. People can say whatever they want, this is horrible design. Okay, he has a DPS check, why the **** does he move like this, the whole fight is designed around this DPS check and the monster knows it like always, so what does he do....just waste your ****ing time. The whole fight is a time waster, his moves have big AOE, sure he only has one combo, but that bastard is one solid combo you run into because you are rushing trying to hit the DPS check.

I can usually hit the first one with a group, but that 2nd one is a **** me raw, I can't do it. I'm even using Kjarr Ice CBm I tried Taroth Dragon Horn, and SnS with Namielle, nothing is getting me anywhere.

Well played, MH, you made something more toxic than the community and Lunastra,
Xbox Tag: ED ESTL PSN: SBChuck
Street Fighter V Mains: Chun-Li and Laura

User Info: DivineCrawd2000

DivineCrawd2000
4 weeks ago#4
tekato posted...
It's fine to give up on a fight that you can't handle . I wish more people would accept their limits like you instead of blaming the game. You can always try again when u feel up for it.

But the problem is it's not that the fight is hard. The fight makes you suicide it so you can make the DPS check, he has openings, sure, but they are covered around all BS. What weapon did you use for this?
Xbox Tag: ED ESTL PSN: SBChuck
Street Fighter V Mains: Chun-Li and Laura

tekato
4 weeks ago#5
DivineCrawd2000 posted...
I'm feeling the same way, this gimmick has me stumped. People can say whatever they want, this is horrible design. Okay, he has a DPS check, why the **** does he move like this, the whole fight is designed around this DPS check and the monster knows it like always, so what does he do....just waste your ****ing time. The whole fight is a time waster, his moves have big AOE, sure he only has one combo, but that bastard is one solid combo you run into because you are rushing trying to hit the DPS check.

I can usually hit the first one with a group, but that 2nd one is a **** me raw, I can't do it. I'm even using Kjarr Ice CBm I tried Taroth Dragon Horn, and SnS with Namielle, nothing is getting me anywhere.

Well played, MH, you made something more toxic than the community and Lunastra,
This is what i mean about blaming the game for your own incompetence. If you learn his moveset you will see how many huge openings he leaves during and after his big aoes. You just need to learn where to position yourself to punish him during his moves.

tekato
4 weeks ago#6
DivineCrawd2000 posted...
But the problem is it's not that the fight is hard. The fight makes you suicide it so you can make the DPS check, he has openings, sure, but they are covered around all BS. What weapon did you use for this?
I've done it with GS, DB and IG. Trust me once you learn how his attacks work you will be looking back at the fight like "was I really complaining about this before". If you need to look up some of the videos of alatreon hunts and try to figure out why you're getting hit and how you can position yourself better to deal damage safely.

User Info: paulodybi

paulodybi
4 weeks ago#7
can always join gfaqs room if you really need to clear it

User Info: MetalGearDogma

MetalGearDogma
4 weeks ago#8
I'm using the Safi Ice LS

Never got the fire one and missed MR Kulve

Maybe I'll try with the gfaqs crew. But I'm kinda deadset on finishing that assignment solo
PSN: FF7_Lissy
Let's mosey!

User Info: paulodybi

paulodybi
4 weeks ago#9
maybe try dragon LS since ice only good when he's on fire mode but dragon works for everything

tekato
4 weeks ago#10
MetalGearDogma posted...
I'm using the Safi Ice LS

Never got the fire one and missed MR Kulve

Maybe I'll try with the gfaqs crew. But I'm kinda deadset on finishing that assignment solo
How is it set up? If you built it purely for raw you need to make another one with more elemental focus. I'd say at least 300-400 element should be enough plus element attack 6 on your build.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Welp. I give up trying. Alatreon is too hard for me
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A