• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. How much element do I need to seal Alaatreon?

User Info: silverbullet474

silverbullet474
3 weeks ago#21
HF92 posted...
I am having issue breaking his horns because second phase he's in the air 95% of the time.
Smoke bombs are your friend. Hiding in a cloud makes him stop attacking and come down to look for you. Be sure to bring combines because you may need to drop a couple to stay unseen (they only last a few seconds each). Alternatively, you can also clutch on and flinch shot him out of the sky.

On a semi related note though: I don't watch many IG runs. Can't you guys hypothetically just follow him into the air with those juggling aerial combos though? Or is it too dangerous to try?
PSN: KPlaysHere
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/silverbullet4747

User Info: tekato

tekato
3 weeks ago#22
silverbullet474 posted...
Smoke bombs are your friend. Hiding in a cloud makes him stop attacking and come down to look for you. Be sure to bring combines because you may need to drop a couple to stay unseen (they only last a few seconds each). Alternatively, you can also clutch on and flinch shot him out of the sky.

On a semi related note though: I don't watch many IG runs. Can't you guys hypothetically just follow him into the air with those juggling aerial combos though? Or is it too dangerous to try?
You can do aerial but if he does the triple ground slam you will get pinned down and die. You can always send you kinsect at it and try to get a topple if u don't want to use smoke bombs.

User Info: Free_san

Free_san
3 weeks ago#23

Safest times to aerial is when he's doing the floor is lava (or ice), as it lets you dive straight back down for more damage once he's done. This assumes the version where he lands afterward/ starts from the ground. The one where he doesnt can still get some damage off, but obviously not quite as good. Bonus points if kinsect isn't out already, so it can pierce straight through alatreon's body if lucky/ good positioning.

You can otherwise aerial him on any attack where he's not doing anything dragon element related. For me, usually better to just send kinsect after him to get stagger. Very unreliable choice of where to hit with aerial IG.

User Info: NotYou

NotYou
3 weeks ago#24
Theoretically. You need to nail the last attack to stay in the air, though, and given how he moves around (and how the last attack is at the lowest point) it can be difficult to nail a full 5-helicopter combo. It's also very dangerous. You can be hit point blank by any air attack (including the breaths), and when you do miss and land next to him (and you often will), you have a moment where you're helpless and just begging him to take advantage. For fun I did try a run using nothing but aerial attacks and it was quite doable (in fact I got 3 elemental topples in one supernova), but it took me a full 20'22 compared to 16-17 minutes playing normally. If you want to try an aerial attack while he's in the air, I have best results with the descending thrust into a tornado slash on the legs. You can deal a nice chunk of damage if you do it right, but it's difficult and requires precise timing and positioning. You will be punished if you wait too long or are just unlucky.

User Info: NotYou

NotYou
3 weeks ago#25
@Free-san

As regards raw vs. element, I compared my Kjarr Ice set to a particularly uncomfortable one that I guess is the meta with Lightbreak Press, Attack Boost 7, Agitator 7, Peak Performance 3, and Critical Boost 3. With no meal bonus, no attack-boosting skills, three kinsect buffs, and on an enraged tenderized head I maxed out at 101-93, 143-168, and 182-314 on my preferred Strong Thrust, Strong Wide Sweep, Tornado Slash combo with my comfort Kjarr Ice build. With Lightbreak Press on steroids those values were 112-103, 168-206, and 225-393 for a whopping 20.6% boost. And of course its hitzones shouldn't change when Ala goes dragon half the time, putting it much further ahead. Against untenderized front legs (my more typical target during the fight tbh), those values are 82-78, 111-130, 139-229 vs. 74-70, 115-140, 153-268 for a more tepid 6.5% increase when he's in fire mode. Kjarr Fire would be a bit better, probably closing that gap. So I guess Kjarr+Safi elemental does pretty okay if you're just sticking to untenderized legs spamming Strong Thrust -> Strong Wide Sweep, but if you're capable of playing with an uncomfortable as hell set, keeping something tenderized, and mixing in plenty of Tornado Slashes then the raw will get you the best results for sure.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. How much element do I need to seal Alaatreon?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A