• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. How much element do I need to seal Alaatreon?

User Info: HF92

HF92
3 weeks ago#1
Using Insect glaive, kjarr so critical element with 640. I can seal his first judgement but the second time I can't. Does the threshold increase each judgement?

User Info: NotYou

NotYou
3 weeks ago#2
The threshold does increase. Which element are you using?

HF92
3 weeks ago#3
NotYou posted...
The threshold does increase. Which element are you using?
Ice. Trying to keep him in fire mode.

NotYou
3 weeks ago#4
HF92 posted...
Ice. Trying to keep him in fire mode.
So you are breaking the horn to make sure it stays in ice? Have you given your kinsect the ice/dragon element as well? When I was first starting out I was using a lot of Tornado Slashes to try to do as much damage as possible in the windows, but I found it easier to meet the elemental break threshold when I started focusing on sticking with him and maximizing the number of hits. I use the ^triangle, 0 combo a lot, tossing in the final 0 attack when I have an opening. I do a lot of vaulting to close distances, and just try to do my best to stick to his side like glue. Safi armor is great because it raises your element and affinity and gives you some evade window to help you i-frame attacks and keep right on him.

HF92
3 weeks ago#5
NotYou posted...
So you are breaking the horn to make sure it stays in ice? Have you given your kinsect the ice/dragon element as well? When I was first starting out I was using a lot of Tornado Slashes to try to do as much damage as possible in the windows, but I found it easier to meet the elemental break threshold when I started focusing on sticking with him and maximizing the number of hits. I use the ^triangle, 0 combo a lot, tossing in the final 0 attack when I have an opening. I do a lot of vaulting to close distances, and just try to do my best to stick to his side like glue. Safi armor is great because it raises your element and affinity and gives you some evade window to help you i-frame attacks and keep right on him.
I have my kinsect to dragon, yeah. I am having issue breaking his horns because second phase he's in the air 95% of the time. How much should I worry about powering up my kinsect with slinger ammo?

NotYou
3 weeks ago#6
HF92 posted...
I have my kinsect to dragon, yeah. I am having issue breaking his horns because second phase he's in the air 95% of the time. How much should I worry about powering up my kinsect with slinger ammo?
You can try pounding it with the kinsect while it's in the air, though that might be a bit of a trap. We've had a couple people who have beaten Alatreon using nothing but kinsect attacks, but from what I understand they only get one elemental flinch per supernova that way so the kinsect probably doesn't do a great amount of elemental damage. It's more of a supplement. After a few attacks (the double/triple head slam depending on whether it's enraged or not, the homing dragon explosion, the fire breath, maybe a few others idk) Ala dangles in the air for a few moments and his claws are in nice Tornado Slash range. Alternately you can sneak in an aerial attack (which isn't as good for overall damage, but deals high elemental damage), or even bring along Smoke Bombs or a Ghillie Mantle to force Alatreon to land more quickly (and also give you a window to sharpen or heal if necessary). Also note that if he's in the air and not enraged you can take advantage of the previously mentioned air openings to flinch shot him and he will crash land and stay on the ground. This can be difficult/dangerous without a Temporal Mantle.

NotYou
3 weeks ago#7
And as far as breaking the horn goes, if you can put a little Partbreaker into your build it might come a little easier. I find my best windows to take out the horn are when he builds some distance and uses either the lightning rows that go away from him or the ice breath patch. The insect glaive's R2 descending thrust is terrific for closing the distance and dealing a lot of damage concentrated on a point. Also if you can get an elemental flinch while it's in dragon mode you can just wail away on it while he's on the ground, killing two birds with one stone.

User Info: Rhio2k

Rhio2k
3 weeks ago#8
And does it increase with the more players are in the hunt?

User Info: Free_san

Free_san
3 weeks ago#9
You need 638 element damage, while solo, to trigger alatreon's 1st element stagger. It resets to 638 after a nova. You ideally want this done when it's in dragon form, so then you can go nuts on the horns and almost guarantee the break by just smacking it.

If you are solo, have confidence and set your bug's element to the opposite of the starting form. Dragon does almost no element damage to alatreon in ice or fire form thanks to a 0.1x element hitzone multiplier.

Full info on its hitzones: https://i.redd.it/80h0dpmzkw951.jpg

For some kinsect numbers, a level 20 element has 35 element, multiplied by 3.5 when buffed (red kinsect symbol). This means the kinsect has 122.5 element. Take that 122 element and multiply it with the hitzones you see in that chart above; that's the amount of element damage your bug deals per hit. Edit: And for full clarity, you can pretend that's equivalent to 1220 weapon element. It's not necessarily that straightforward, but it'll give you an idea of how much element damage kinsect can do for you.

To give an example, say alatreon's in fire form, you have an ice kinsect and it's buffed. Say you mark alatreon's arm. 122.5 * (1.1 * 0.2) = 26.95 element damage per hit. I'm not sure on how it rounds out, but let's just say 26 element damage. That means you then need to hit alatreon's arm 25 times with the kinsect when buffed to stagger it. Which is not that much in the grand scheme of things. Even if you don't get it, you ideally want him to flop over in dragon form anyway. Your bug will still do element damage in that state regardless, just a bit under half that per hit.

In any case, 1 time that is "easy" head hits are when it does the waves of thunder that moves forward (not the circular one). For this, you should typically already be behind the first wave of the lightning bolts. From there, jump into the air and dive onto the face. If you're starting from far away, air boost, then dive while holding backward. This should give you solid hits to its face, and perhaps mark his face for your bug to hit.

I run solo alatreon with raging brachy's IG and ice/fire bug now. Easy average 12-13 minute runs with a complete comfort hunting setup.

User Info: TetsuoS2

TetsuoS2
3 weeks ago#10
Equip your rocksteady/temporal and wall bang during the phase you can break his horns, if you're solo a wall bang and a couple attacks instantly almost always breaks it.
FGO NA ID: 973,333,976
Support List Image: https://i.imgur.com/8SFUfmR.png
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. How much element do I need to seal Alaatreon?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A