• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Alatreons element threshold depends on what weapon youre using.

User Info: Village Idiot

Village Idiot
3 weeks ago#51
Looking back, one of the issues with the first day of complaints is likely the playerbase following the devs advice of using teams with a mix of elemental weapons to cover each mode.

In multiplayer, this led to at least one or two teammates running the same element as Alatreon and being virtually useless during one of the phases. This combined with Alatreon being new that players were still learning it's moveset and playing more passive led to wipe after wipe to the first or second nova.

It got a lot easier once players figured out on day 2 that the best way is to just have everyone carry the same opposing element, break horn, and kill Alatreon before the second or third nova.
PSN - Zaphikl
Now Playing - Mana Khemia~Student Alliance, Project Diva F, Tales of Xillia, Spelunky, Teleglitch

User Info: silverbullet474

silverbullet474
3 weeks ago#52
It's kinda nice that HH can sort of cheat the system here...they gave it thresholds like a 'slow' weapon, but echo attacks hit fast and we have good CE multipliers. Haven't seen many Hammer runs, but I'd expect that they could do something similar with the charge spin and the couch claw reel-in attack if they wanted to.
PSN: KPlaysHere
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/silverbullet4747

User Info: ResidentGear31

ResidentGear31
3 weeks ago#53
silverbullet474 posted...
It's kinda nice that HH can sort of cheat the system here...they gave it thresholds like a 'slow' weapon, but echo attacks hit fast and we have good CE multipliers. Haven't seen many Hammer runs, but I'd expect that they could do something similar with the charge spin and the couch claw reel-in attack if they wanted to.

Maybe those attacks have low element damage like the longswords helm breaker?

User Info: nuke2099

nuke2099
3 weeks ago#54
I haven't tried using a HH since I like using DB on it and I can't see myself having time to use many songs other than self improvement. However I think you mentioned before that one of the fastest HH runs had the guy mainly only keep self improvement up and just that the entire time?
Gamertag: Nuke2099

User Info: silverbullet474

silverbullet474
3 weeks ago#55
ResidentGear31 posted...
Maybe those attacks have low element damage like the longswords helm breaker?
Nope, they're actually really, really good.

nuke2099 posted...
I haven't tried using a HH since I like using DB on it and I can't see myself having time to use many songs other than self improvement. However I think you mentioned before that one of the fastest HH runs had the guy mainly only keep self improvement up and just that the entire time?
Yup. Kjarr Stream and Rage are pulling some of the fastest times, and the only good song they have is Self Improvement. It's relatively easy to fit in if you give up a spin opening every now and then to refresh, and the timer lasts like 7 minutes so it's super forgiving. You ride entirely on the high element. I think there are a few runs using Safi with the Melody Extender AuXL notes so the raw focused route works too, but you get less frequent topples and you have to maintain buffs more frequently.
PSN: KPlaysHere
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/silverbullet4747

nuke2099
3 weeks ago#56
Nope, they're actually really, really good.

Yup. Kjarr Stream and Rage are pulling some of the fastest times, and the only good song they have is Self Improvement. It's relatively easy to fit in if you give up a spin opening every now and then to refresh, and the timer lasts like 7 minutes so it's super forgiving. You ride entirely on the high element. I think there are a few runs using Safi with the Melody Extender AuXL notes so the raw focused route works too, but you get less frequent topples and you have to maintain buffs more frequently.
I just saw Amadeus run using AuXL+Self Improvement and using Safi fire. Got around 11 mins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0lGlqHxxYU

User Info: LordDragonMaste

LordDragonMaste
3 weeks ago#57
Jesus.

Great sword has to do 580 damage, HBG has to do 3100?!

What elemental HBG do they think people are using?!
F/C 5215-0096-6760

nuke2099
3 weeks ago#58
LordDragonMaste posted...
Jesus.

Great sword has to do 580 damage, HBG has to do 3100?!

What elemental HBG do they think people are using?!
Kjarr.

User Info: LordDragonMaste

LordDragonMaste
3 weeks ago#59
nuke2099 posted...
Kjarr.
I've been trying with the LBG soul fire, but man 3000+ each check is rough.
F/C 5215-0096-6760

nuke2099
3 weeks ago#60
LordDragonMaste posted...
I've been trying with the LBG soul fire, but man 3000+ each check is rough.
I don't like using bowgun on it anyway since I find it more fun in melee and for Safi and Kulve I have spammed range enough.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Alatreons element threshold depends on what weapon youre using.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A