• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Alatreons element threshold depends on what weapon youre using.

User Info: ResidentGear31

ResidentGear31
3 weeks ago#1
Both bowguns have the highest threshold. Greatsword and gunlance have the lowest.

The novas threshold increases each time.

Doesnt this mean each weapon should be equal in the fight?

https://mobile.twitter.com/MH_Canta/status/1282086319099977729

User Info: tekato

tekato
3 weeks ago#2
No way are you suggesting we just need to git gud....... you're wrong and I hate you!!!!

User Info: NotYou

NotYou
3 weeks ago#3
I am a little curious which weapons provide the best sheer element for this fight. With insect glaive I can break his element 3 times before the first nova. Haven't been able to do so with any other weapon, but then I kinda suck with the other weapons. Anyone else get 3/4 element breaks per phase?

User Info: Village Idiot

Village Idiot
3 weeks ago#4
Surprised at the 0.1 modifier for CB Phials. Does that mean that you should be Savage Axing Alatreon, not SAED spamming?
PSN - Zaphikl
Now Playing - Mana Khemia~Student Alliance, Project Diva F, Tales of Xillia, Spelunky, Teleglitch

User Info: Rayanson

Rayanson
3 weeks ago#5
The fight is fair and people are just bad? No f***ing way.
Who reads these anyway

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
3 weeks ago#6
Village Idiot posted...
Surprised at the 0.1 modifier for CB Phials. Does that mean that you should be Savage Axing Alatreon, not SAED spamming?
Melee weapons mix raw and element together, but SAED uses pure element. If you went with the guess of 60% raw damage and 40% element that people tend to throw out for DBs, DBs get a natural element application of about 0.24. People are saying DBs are great, so that rate seems fine.

Because elemental phials are pure element, they truly are that 0.1 modifier given, and you do have to hit a few times with the sword mode to get there, which will get you some progress. I think... yes, using savage axe mode will better guarantee the trip better, BUT, phials are not as blatantly behind as you might think. However, savage axe is probably strong AF because of its 1 modifier. It still has phial hits too, but that's not as big of a deal.

The question to me though, is not if you need to use one or the other to guarantee a trip, but if you should try using phials purely to dish out damage, while the trip is likely to happen? I think phials are high enough that that could be fine. In multiplayer though, more trips is more damage.

I haven't used CB against alatreon yet, I don't know how much damage it does. But if you're looking at 200 damage a pop from phials, you still only need to land 5 full SAEDs to trip alatreon, not counting sword hits and the impact from the axe.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: Deaga

Deaga
3 weeks ago#7
Village Idiot posted...

Not necessarily.

I believe the low modifier for CB Phials is because Elemental Phials deal only elemental damage and a TON of it while at that. If Phials had a more "normal" modifier, CB would possibly be able to chain elemental breaks.
Shameless self-plug for my MH speedrunning youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/DeASDFga
My Twitter if you're into that: https://twitter.com/DeagaDH

User Info: Village Idiot

Village Idiot
3 weeks ago#8
Button_Masher_Z posted...
Melee weapons mix raw and element together, but SAED uses pure element. If you went with the guess of 60% raw damage and 40% element that people tend to throw out for DBs, DBs get a natural element application of about 0.24. People are saying DBs are great, so that rate seems fine.

Because elemental phials are pure element, they truly are that 0.1 modifier given, and you do have to hit a few times with the sword mode to get there, which will get you some progress. I think... yes, using savage axe mode will better guarantee the trip better, BUT, phials are not as blatantly behind as you might think. However, savage axe is probably strong AF because of its 1 modifier. It still has phial hits too, but that's not as big of a deal.

The question to me though, is not if you need to use one or the other to guarantee a trip, but if you should try using phials purely to dish out damage, while the trip is likely to happen? I think phials are high enough that that could be fine. In multiplayer though, more trips is more damage.

I haven't used CB against alatreon yet, I don't know how much damage it does. But if you're looking at 200 damage a pop from phials, you still only need to land 5 full SAEDs to trip alatreon, not counting sword hits and the impact from the axe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljclNtLNTnk

Might as well see to believe.
PSN - Zaphikl
Now Playing - Mana Khemia~Student Alliance, Project Diva F, Tales of Xillia, Spelunky, Teleglitch

User Info: kazesan

kazesan
3 weeks ago#9
Does kinsect have 100% ele? I've never failed using IG and often get 2 topples and I use dragon on both my kinsect and glaive compared to fire or ice. No other weapon seems as guaranteed as IG but ls and db also were good.

Also had more success with gunlance after I crafted the alatreon one. If he is in the right mode your shelling also can help to push it over the edge.

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
3 weeks ago#10
Again, this is the exact kind of BS that cause MH to be a niche game in the first place. The IB is basically doing everything in his power to destroy MHW's success and push in back into obscurity.

Not having to reference outside sources for basic information nor consult spread sheets to learn where and how to attack with what was one of the main improvements in MHW. The IB director has no idea what he is doing, so he is just falling back on old habits.
"You're wrong."
Constructive criticism is not trolling.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Alatreons element threshold depends on what weapon youre using.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A