• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Worst part of Alatreon is

User Info: NebulaXIII

NebulaXIII
4 weeks ago#1
Not his nova, its that stupid front attack that always causes the stagger animation where your character just stays laying down for no reason. I know monster hunter is known for bad hitboxes, but this attack is almost Plesioth level bad. It's basically a one shot kill.

User Info: LordFarquad1312

LordFarquad1312
4 weeks ago#2
That and the fire rings have weird hitboxes imo.
I've exploded because 1 strand of hair happened to be in the perimeter of the last circle
El sexo sucio y el planeta limpio.
"If you are tired of fear from links... Let Kirby's Nightmare protect you."

User Info: Malzel

Malzel
4 weeks ago#3
The only bad hitbox I've noted is on his dragon-element explosion, which has a couple feet radius past its visual. Otherwise I've thankfully not run into too many issues.
Hesitation is defeat.

User Info: Enclosure

Enclosure
4 weeks ago#4
Nah i still hate full body hitbox charges more.
My first wall ever in the game was pink rathian lol.
http://imgur.com/wNyX55h.jpg

User Info: MadDewg

MadDewg
4 weeks ago#5
For me, its the little forward run than he does, the same stupid run that is on kushula daora and velkanna. (I love clutch clawing to his tail when he is in the air or ground and he does the goofy ass forward charge, knocking you off. I feel like punting something just thinking about it, lol). God damn I hate that s*** with the passion of 1,000 sunsets.
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg NNID:xMadDoggx I bet my left nut on bloodstained ritual of the night being awesome...I like my left nut IGA, come through for me.

User Info: fate311

fate311
4 weeks ago#6
Running around the arena at about 200 MPH and also running into the boundaries for a few seconds as if its AI glitched is pretty f***ing bad.
https://imgur.com/CCG415v

User Info: NebulaXIII

NebulaXIII
4 weeks ago#7
Enclosure posted...
Nah i still hate full body hitbox charges more.
My first wall ever in the game was pink rathian lol.

MadDewg posted...
For me, its the little forward run than he does, the same stupid run that is on kushula daora and velkanna. (I love clutch clawing to his tail when he is in the air or ground and he does the goofy ass forward charge, knocking you off. I feel like punting something just thinking about it, lol). God damn I hate that s*** with the passion of 1,000 sunsets.

That full body charge is annoying too, but I've grown use to it due to how many monster have that attack.

User Info: Deaga

Deaga
4 weeks ago#8
Malzel posted...
The only bad hitbox I've noted is on his dragon-element explosion, which has a couple feet radius past its visual.

It actually has two different variations of that move, and they have different areas of effect too! When it goes into Dragon Active from Fire or Ice Active, it'll do the version with a shorter range. You can stay in front of where its head goes near the floor when the charge ends and be safe from it. So if you can predict the range, that's an opportunity to land a free, huge hit on its face. If you want, you can iframe it instead. I time it by the moment the screeching sound is just ending before the dragon blast.

Once in Dragon Active, it can do the Dragon Discharge at will. This version will have a much larger range, so you really have to get the hell away or iframe it. TIming is different from the other discharge too. To iframe this one, you should roll after Alatreon puts its paws on the ground, just as it begins to make the final posture from the discharge.

Shameless self-plug for my MH speedrunning youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/DeASDFga
My Twitter if you're into that: https://twitter.com/DeagaDH

User Info: RottenCorpse

RottenCorpse
4 weeks ago#9
MadDewg posted...

His forward run actually has a start up and visual cues unlike the others you listed. They just dart with little warning and I cannot tell if the mon is repositioning or charging.

User Info: Archwing3441

Archwing3441
4 weeks ago#10
The attack the TC mentioned is actually the attack I despise the most in the Alatreon fight. He does it while flying too. The move is just more dangerous than the nova, since it usually leads to an immediate cart and it’s used much more frequent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KztZmZDNCVg
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Worst part of Alatreon is
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A