• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Alatreon gfaqs Session

User Info: Somedude9

Somedude9
3 weeks ago#391
dcharms posted...
Did I do a run with you this morning? Thought it was JackyTurbo lol

If the character had pink hair and was wearing Odo armor and had the Alatreon LBG that was me.

User Info: Vhanzy

Vhanzy
3 weeks ago#392
any sessions up will be playing in a minute.

User Info: paulodybi

paulodybi
3 weeks ago#393
7mGf QPcR me36

User Info: triablos

triablos
3 weeks ago#394
Room's basically dead right now but managed to duo it with the homie luna. And I finally got that 1 wing I needed at last lol. Took so long that I know this fight like the back of my hand now.

Will probably need more mats for some weapons at some point but for now I think I've had my fill of this a****** for a long time..

User Info: Rayanson

Rayanson
3 weeks ago#395
Lord Sojiro posted...
I mean there is no real indicator that it's even a thing. Why wouldn't someone assume that hitting the head would be the best course of damage in all regards?
Cuz that's how it works in real life, if you want to inflict heavy damage, hit the head or the throat or the balls, but this game ain't got balls hitzones

On a serious note, hit the legs then the head then the tail and you should notice some parts get more damage compared to the other right? That's how you figure it out, some monsters have weird HZV where elementals are high on a part that is low for raw and vice versa, the compendium also have a star rating for which part is weaker to which type of damage once you've faced a monster
Who reads these anyway

User Info: Rayanson

Rayanson
3 weeks ago#396
Made a New session

It's private, you can only join via invite OR typing the ID so no random, gfaqs exclusivity

ID: #Y4K bxF6 ZjrB

I'm farming TGL mats to augment my s*** while waiting for people to join
Who reads these anyway

User Info: tokerblue

tokerblue
3 weeks ago#397
A couple of good runs. Even a 10:02 with one cart (me).
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
- Robert A. Heinlein

User Info: MetalGearDogma

MetalGearDogma
3 weeks ago#398
Can I join?
PSN: FF7_Lissy
Let's mosey!

User Info: Lord Sojiro

Lord Sojiro
3 weeks ago#399
Rayanson posted...
Cuz that's how it works in real life, if you want to inflict heavy damage, hit the head or the throat or the balls, but this game ain't got balls hitzones

On a serious note, hit the legs then the head then the tail and you should notice some parts get more damage compared to the other right? That's how you figure it out, some monsters have weird HZV where elementals are high on a part that is low for raw and vice versa, the compendium also have a star rating for which part is weaker to which type of damage once you've faced a monster

I meant the elemental aspect of it. Like how the front legs has a elemental threshold of 20, the hind legs have 17, and the head has 13. All important information to know when trying to meet the elemental DPS check but the game only ever gives you information about which zones deal the most in regards to pure damage. So you hit the head and see it deals the most damage to Alatreon, so naturally you would think you're also dealing the most elemental damage to meet the DPS check but you're not.

User Info: tokerblue

tokerblue
3 weeks ago#400
MetalGearDogma posted...
Can I join?
Why wouldn't you be able to? The session is open to all GameFAQs players.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
- Robert A. Heinlein
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Alatreon gfaqs Session
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A