• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. New festival and Barioth variant confirmed!
I want a Great Jagras variant!!!

User Info: tonytonez

tonytonez
1 week ago#22
More layered armor announced in the dev diary on top of whats already been said here? Maybe? Havent played in a few months but might knock off some rust today or tomollo.
Monster Hunter World: Nyte Terror
PSN: Nyte_Terror_360 | Dragons Dogma Pawn: Sylphina
Critt posted...
Tbh here I see most people underhyping most of the time.

Alatreon is revealed for like 10 seconds in April. Open gamefaqs
>"OMG this is going to be s***"
>"This will SURELY be a siege so it's s***"
>"The fight is obviously fully reworked but it will be s*** for sure anyway because the old one was annoying"

Or others
>"The teased dragon and Stygian won't come together in the same update, IT'S IMPOSSIBLE! We'll have to wait January or February for the dragon"
>"The update is delayed for covid, we won't get s*** before August"
>"Kulve will SURELY be another MR Siege, it will be s***"
>"The barioth variant will be s*** even if we only saw his eyes"
Better to be pleasantly surprised when expecting worse or nothing at all compared to what we get than expect a lot and have what we get not deliver, no?
PSN: KPlaysHere
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/silverbullet4747
Critt posted...
Tbh here I see most people underhyping most of the time.

Alatreon is revealed for like 10 seconds in April. Open gamefaqs
>"OMG this is going to be s***"
>"This will SURELY be a siege so it's s***"
>"The fight is obviously fully reworked but it will be s*** for sure anyway because the old one was annoying"

Or others
>"The teased dragon and Stygian won't come together in the same update, IT'S IMPOSSIBLE! We'll have to wait January or February for the dragon"
>"The update is delayed for covid, we won't get s*** before August"
>"Kulve will SURELY be another MR Siege, it will be s***"
>"The barioth variant will be s*** even if we only saw his eyes"
Nope that's just the vast casual complaining how long they have to keep playing the game in order to get loot. The enthusiasts will just see it as more stuff to do and add it to the growing pile.
After a few hours of solo, I will admit it does get lonely...

User Info: srt984

srt984
1 week ago#25
Glad Barioth is getting a stronger version.

User Info: Critt

Critt
1 week ago#26
silverbullet474 posted...
Better to be pleasantly surprised when expecting worse or nothing at all compared to what we get than expect a lot and have what we get not deliver, no?
Honestly, I don't think this mentality is always right.

If someone really doesn't have any truly negative or positive expectations, yeah, maybe.
If someone automatically assume the absolute worst even with barely any info and declare it s*** immediately, no, not at all. Because it just fuels random negativity that can drive away new people.

A bit of hype and speculations are never bad for games.

Critt posted...
Honestly, I don't think this mentality is always right.

If someone really doesn't have any truly negative or positive expectations, yeah, maybe.
If someone automatically assume the absolute worst even with barely any info and declare it s*** immediately, no, not at all. Because it just fuels random negativity that can drive away new people.

A bit of hype and speculations are never bad for games.
I mean, I'm not saying go full gloom and doom all the time. You can be excited, but sometimes people work themselves into a frenzy with unlikely expectations only to have the content released fall short of what they wanted. I usually prefer to just be excited we're getting new stuff period and then form opinions after we get it. If it falls short I wasn't expecting anything anyway and if it's good I get a nice surprise.
PSN: KPlaysHere
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/silverbullet4747
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. New festival and Barioth variant confirmed!
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A