• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. So, do you use your main weps because of the damage or because you find it fun?

User Info: O-rion

O-rion
1 week ago#21
I basically like weapons where you can press both triangle and circle at the same time, like Switch Axe and Gunlance. I haven't played with every weapon so I can't say for sure what's my favorite. Gunlance, Switch Axe and LBG have the most hunts anyway.

Also any weapon that relies heavily on elemental damage is a no go for me since I wouldn't want to grind all weapons again each time they invent a new Safi or KT.
"Can you swing an axe?"

User Info: Atzenkiller

Atzenkiller
1 week ago#22
Are you kidding? I've played a few of the older MH games and guns and bow were always completely unplayable in those. This is the first game where you have proper fps controls. I don't doubt that there's folks who have forced themselves to get used to the insanely bad controls on handhelds. But that doesn't mean they were acceptable in any way.

User Info: Rayanson

Rayanson
1 week ago#23
Hunting Horn has the most sauce of all the weapons, followed by LS imo

Then bow is super strong, like good damage and mobility so its nice to play

HBG & LBG cuz extra strong
Who reads these anyway

User Info: DukeLukewarm

DukeLukewarm
1 week ago#24
Atzenkiller posted...
Are you kidding? I've played a few of the older MH games and guns and bow were always completely unplayable in those. This is the first game where you have proper fps controls. I don't doubt that there's folks who have forced themselves to get used to the insanely bad controls on handhelds. But that doesn't mean they were acceptable in any way.

The controls were fine. What people would usually b**** about was not being able to aim and shoot while moving, which was a deliberate choice, not an issue of controls.

User Info: CaoSlayer

CaoSlayer
1 week ago#25
I have been a GL main since 3U...
Damage never has been its forte
youtube.com/caoslayer
All Gunlance Videos. Builds, Walkthrough, Naked Runs, and explosions, lots of explosions.

User Info: Panthera

Panthera
1 week ago#26
I main Glaive. You tell me.
Meow!

User Info: Terric

Terric
1 week ago#27
I've been playing Lance for so long (since the early PSP titles) that even trying out a quick, 'easy' weapon, like sword and shield, feels clunky and unnatural. With the lance, I can dodge, block and attack very quickly and it feels great. It's just about what you're used to, I don't think that there is really a 'slow' weapon when you master it.

User Info: Sacklet

Sacklet
1 week ago#28
i enjoy playing many but gun efficiency just cant be beat for farming monsters like grath, stygian, jho, nerg, etc. Stormslinger is my goto for most things; rarely play spread hbg anymore
psn: sackings-
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1351669/

User Info: Illnesssss

Illnesssss
1 week ago#29
DB

Cuz Levi
Blade: "Some mother****** is always tryin' to ice skate uphill." PSN JSlither Pawn Storm

User Info: No_Mega

No_Mega
1 week ago#30
I love the IG for its great mobility--I can reengage monsters effortlessly or stylishly jump out of their way. A flurry of attacks is always quite the spectacle, too. Even with that, I know it's not the most effective weapon in terms of kill times, but I don't care.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. So, do you use your main weps because of the damage or because you find it fun?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A