• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. sweet christ, how do people beat MR Kulve???

User Info: ArcRay20

ArcRay20
3 days ago#1
missed this during the first run when the update dropped. getting to try it out now and i feel like im reliving the AT Behemoth event, but for a different reasons.

in that it was having a full team that knows how the big jerk worked and getting that damage in that 3rd phase where it just killed the mission there and then. but now its feels like "kill this phase in 2 minut-NEVER MIND IM OUT" *Kulve escaped* like damn, how much more do you need to lay in to her to get past first phase?
it doesnt help she barely stays in one spot since her stumbling over sends her half way across the room faster than you can chase her.
ive tried both online help and solo and i feel like no progress is possible despite having the best equipment i can get currently.
or is the trick to level up Kulve weapons and those are really strong when max?
Always remember: For every five minutes, you waste an hour. -Arc Ray
[PSN: Arc_Ray] [3DS FC: 3866-8021-1637]

User Info: MrSmi7h

MrSmi7h
3 days ago#2
Forget the mantle and the Thunder weaknness, it's toned down, attack the "gray" parts specially hands and mid chest with Raw, wallslam twice to start the quest and mount afterwards to instantly soften the mantle, or mount into x2 wallslam.

That's for area 1, for area 2 and 3 pretty much attack, attack, attack. On area 3 if you're in a team I could suggest Stickyes.
Dark Souls 3 Cleric PvP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP5UOlv3MNA

User Info: Shadow_Ninja8

Shadow_Ninja8
3 days ago#3
She's one of the best hunts in the game.
Focus on her skin rather than her mantle if she isn't molten. Soften the chest then wall slam to immediately break 2 parts and extended the timer. Mount her and cause her to flinch once, then jump off to force her to go molten.
I've been doing this fight solo for a bit now and it's really fun.
http://i.imgur.com/F9agy.jpg

User Info: ArcRay20

ArcRay20
3 days ago#4
i havent seen anything called "wallslams".
are we talking about the clutch claw mechanic? any time ive tried that on a monster they always hit me with their head in some way unless they were staggered. like literally any time i tried it without them being staggered it ended badly. still trying to figure out how ive seen other people jump on with reckless abandon and get the punch/steer to work every time
outside of stagger whereas when i do it during stagger it doenst work half the time.
edit: and to add ive had many times where i shot a face full of rock at a monster and they just sat there, not even a flinch. what did i do wrong in that situation?
i can steer them, but not push them to a wall at times.

also is a hunt fun if the b**** runs away as the main gimmick? that just sounds annoyingly stressful to meet an unspecified criteria with an unlabled time limit. and it is.
Always remember: For every five minutes, you waste an hour. -Arc Ray
[PSN: Arc_Ray] [3DS FC: 3866-8021-1637]
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: MrSmi7h

MrSmi7h
3 days ago#5
Stop b****ing, I don't even consider MH a fair game, or even half fair, but you're making hard to help you.

Normally people goes for Wallslams on the stagger thing people calls claggers, after dodging through a roar, or relatively wide openings (still VERY tricky I admit) or either they yolo it, which you can try of course, or they do it with Rocksteady Mantle on.

When the monster is enraged you can't Wallslam, it takes 3 claw slaps or two Slams to enrage.
Dark Souls 3 Cleric PvP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP5UOlv3MNA

User Info: Free_san

Free_san
3 days ago#6
In the first area, you get 5 minutes 30 seconds from when she first spots a player to do about 30% of her HP. 2 minute warning = the message notifying KT is about to leave. Each part broken gives you +20 seconds of time before she runs away here.

Final area is about 7 minutes from first spotting a player in the area. Not sure about 2nd area, but you get the rough idea of what needs to happen.

So if you're joining SoS, just keep in mind that you need to hop in asap if the fighting's already happening.

If you really need the help solo, activate fortify twice in camp with your safi set before sliding down with your saved actual fortify set. Eat after fortifying too, with a voucher if needed. The increased defense should stop you from dying to most things (I believe it also helps with lava damage tick). Because MR Kulve takes so much damage too, health augment should be more than enough to let you heal health via damage dealt. You won't outheal lava ticks, but it gives you more leeway in dealing with them.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Vhanzy

Vhanzy
3 days ago#7
its not really hard just wall slam and mount and avoid the mantle unless its molten. wear temporal or rocksteady just to raise your chance of success for wall slam if that didn't work then just git gud.

User Info: Shadow_Ninja8

Shadow_Ninja8
3 days ago#8
Don't try to wall slam an enraged monster, that's basic knowledge. Aside from that learn the monster's moveset, not ever attack will turn their whole body into a hitbox, you can CC onto Kulve's head during her tail and pawswipes for example. Lastly her running away is punishment for you not doing well, the hunt is very fun if you can handle it.
http://i.imgur.com/F9agy.jpg

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
3 days ago#9
If you're just out of the main game, MR KT is probably the hardest-hitting thing you meet the MR requirements for by a long shot. She hits comparably to, or harder than, content that is locked to MR100.

It also does sound like you are just out of the main story, as "wallslams" (flinch shots) are pretty important to good and quick gameplay. Unfortunately in this fight, they don't knock the monster in question down; she just gets hit for ~1000 damage and looks irritated. But they are useful because you can break tenderized body parts. It would be a good idea to start with Rocksteady Mantle, tenderize the chest, then flinch shot her. Keep in mind that flinch shots don't work when the eye-con is red (indicating rage).
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

User Info: Panthera

Panthera
3 days ago#10
If you equip Rocksteady Mantle as you run up to her, you can use her roar to slap her once and then wallbang her for free, and you can generally get another one right after if you have the ammo (slinger capacity is unironically a useful skill here). If you get both she'll rage, which is another roar you're ignoring so you can hit her hands/chest for big damage, which all adds up to a ton of her first phase HP depleted before she gets to play, which is nice because phase 1 is usually the most frustrating due to her "Roll into walls halfway across the map? Sure!" mindset. The next two phases are just a matter of always staying on offense. Health augment is super useful here because you don't want to have to waste time healing yourself unless you're going to die, and she takes so much damage that you heal off all but her biggest attacks in one opening
Meow!
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. sweet christ, how do people beat MR Kulve???
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A