• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#1
If you can raise your effective health by the same percentage via a larger health pool (such as health boost) or via a damage reduction, then the damage reduction version will be objectively superior if your healing method is a flat value not based on your max health.

In other words, if a potion healed for 25 HP then damage reduction would be the objectively superior method.

Health Boost: 150 - 50 = 50 _______ 50 + 25HP heal = 75 current health
Damage Reduction: 100 - (50 * 0.5) = 75_______75 + 25HP heal = 100 current health

EDIT:
Took almost 45 minutes for it to be caught.
Post #12 wins.

I really thought it would take longer before it got caught.

http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com
In consideration of the Pandemic, I have cleared my ignore list. Trolling will get you quickly readded to it.

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
1 week ago#2
Max Pots, yo.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I'm just a Scrublord. I prefer casual games.

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#3
Unbound-King posted...
Max Pots, yo.
Max Potions make both equal because it is percentage of your max health like I just mentioned. Most people's main healing (health steal) isn't a based on a percentage of your max health.
In consideration of the Pandemic, I have cleared my ignore list. Trolling will get you quickly readded to it.

User Info: Dethuli

Dethuli
1 week ago#4
I don't have room for damage reducing skills with all of my damage increasing skills.
Don't ask questions. Consume product. Get excited for next product.

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#5
Dethuli posted...
I don't have room for damage reducing skills with all of my damage increasing skills.
Replace health boost with them.

User Info: TrueArchery

TrueArchery
1 week ago#6
Yes, but you cannot raise damage reduction as effectively as your HP. Useless PSA, just like the vast majority of them.

User Info: Jaegon

Jaegon
1 week ago#7
you fail to mention the opportunity cost of having to dedicate two whole armor slots to get divine blessing 5, plus the rng nature of it. so while DB5 may be better in a vacuum, HB3 is just a lot less taxing and lets you run agi7 plus masters touch, for instance

User Info: Igueseous

Igueseous
1 week ago#8
PSA: water is wet

Still doesnt matter since there's nothing in the game that gives that much ehp for 3 slots.

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
1 week ago#9
Igueseous posted...
PSA: water is wet
But is it really?
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I'm just a Scrublord. I prefer casual games.

User Info: TrueArchery

TrueArchery
1 week ago#10
Fake news. It's formless, shapeless.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A