• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. The powercreep just keeps on coming with each update

User Info: bfidle

bfidle
1 week ago#1
It's one thing to have insanely powerful armor like Raging Brachy has, but all of the Blast Safi weapons have been barely been powercreeped by Raging Brachy. Didn't Capcom say something like they wanted to have the weapons remain usable for a long time? I can't find a source on this but I could have sworn they said something like they designed the weapons so that they'd be used for a long time. Or maybe I'm going crazy. If I am please correct me. I cannot for the life of me remember the source of when they said this, a link would be appreciated if I'm not crazy.

Well in any case, that ended real quick at least for the Blast weapons, and who knows how powerful the Taroth MR weapons will be. Makes me wonder if investing too much in equipment is pointless if it's just gonna be powercrept.
3DS FC: 4339-2494-2273 IGN: Max
"Gamefaqs: Because f*** it." -Igniter
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Enclosure

Enclosure
1 week ago#2
Someday we'll have 350 TR weapons with any status on it, 30 base affinity, and 50 hits of purple. Then you get the option of either +70 affinity, built in MT, or converting any or all raw to elemental of your choice at a rate of 1TR to 30 elemental.
http://imgur.com/wNyX55h.jpg

User Info: BIGTACO

BIGTACO
1 week ago#3
I mean, saffi weapons were (still are for the most part) relevant for 3 around 3 months and iceborne been out for 6ish 7ish months. Relatively speaking that's a pretty long time

Of course who knows what they meant by long time. Would have to ask them yourself
Gods in his heaven
All is right with the world
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: SunaKi10

SunaKi10
1 week ago#4
Raging is a nice Sidegrade, but only the Gunlances got completly replaced, and there is Ragings Armor as fullset.
Also Safi is near impossible Solo and way to prominent in the Meta.
Replacing all Blast, Rawfocused, Thunder, and Dragonoptions whit Raging, Kulve, Furious and Alatreon would have been Ideal.
Raging endet up fine, Furious didnt brought the hoped Change and Kulve could actually turn into a Problem, herselfe.
Alatreon in a white Piece of Paper.
He can end up very good, ore like Furious, ore even like Highrank Kulve.

User Info: MakotoYuri

MakotoYuri
1 week ago#5
Aside from GL not really, also long time is pretty vague.
is Mayonnaise a Jojo reference too?

User Info: nuke2099

nuke2099
1 week ago#6
PC just got Safi. No way are they going to make Safi weapons and the entire raid redundant that fast especially since PC and console will have parity soon. Unless Capcom does.....which would means one is wasting their time doing Safi on PC and console. I'm expecting Safi weapons to be replaced with Alatreon if they do something new with it's gear.
Gamertag: Nuke2099

User Info: Fairycancel

Fairycancel
1 week ago#7
bfidle posted...
It's one thing to have insanely powerful armor like Raging Brachy has, but all of the Blast Safi weapons have been barely been powercreeped by Raging Brachy. Didn't Capcom say something like they wanted to have the weapons remain usable for a long time? I can't find a source on this but I could have sworn they said something like they designed the weapons so that they'd be used for a long time. Or maybe I'm going crazy. If I am please correct me. I cannot for the life of me remember the source of when they said this, a link would be appreciated if I'm not crazy.

Well in any case, that ended real quick at least for the Blast weapons, and who knows how powerful the Taroth MR weapons will be. Makes me wonder if investing too much in equipment is pointless if it's just gonna be powercrept.
Armor is just competitive. Safi weapons are just as good(not much of a difference really outside of an exception here and there for niches not touched before that much).

This update just gave more options than just safi.
MHGen Ign: Soleil, Mordecai
Like to often use: Bow(Drilltusk/Teo Adept), DB(FMDX=Aerial), LS(Guild/Striker), GS(Aerial from time to time)
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: SOULR666

SOULR666
1 week ago#8
When they release the full layered weapon system we'll see a lot of variety of weapons (at least in appearance)
PSN: SOULR666
No gods or kings... Only man

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#9
  1. The weapons are side-grades.
  2. Power-Creep is what keeps people coming back.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com
In consideration of the Pandemic, I have cleared my ignore list. Trolling will get you quickly readded to it.

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
1 week ago#10
Rhiethreal posted...
1. The weapons are side-grades.
2. Power-Creep is what keeps people coming back.
C. The fights are refreshing after nothing but Safi stomping for a while.

GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I'm just a Scrublord. I prefer casual games.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. The powercreep just keeps on coming with each update
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A