• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Thoughts on Raging Brachy armor for sticky builds?

User Info: Aegis24

Aegis24
1 week ago#1
Obviously you could just do 2 RB piece for that sweet Agitator 7, but I'm curious how good it would be to ditch the whole Narg setup and just do 4 pieces of RB armor and cram in like Agitator 7, Attack 7, Artillery 5, and Peak Performance 3. I honestly don't know what the sticky cap is, but with All of those skills minus peak performance I was hitting 159 per Sticky 3 with MGV and 402 with wyvernfire and about 110 with cluster 3. Also, what's everyone's thoughts on ditching Spare shot altogether? True Spare Shot is decent for stickies, though it doesn't seem to kick in nearly as often as it does with other ammo types, at least in my experience. Regular Spare shot only seems to kick in like every 4th shot which I'm not sure is worth it compared to having another skill in there.

User Info: ibekresna

ibekresna
1 week ago#2
you can try hunting using stickies without SS or TSS, but be prepared to farcast back to camp often to restock.

User Info: Fairycancel

Fairycancel
1 week ago#3
ibekresna posted...
you can try hunting using stickies without SS or TSS, but be prepared to farcast back to camp often to restock.
People really have a lot of patience to use this ammo...
MHGen Ign: Soleil, Mordecai
Like to often use: Bow(Drilltusk/Teo Adept), DB(FMDX=Aerial), LS(Guild/Striker), GS(Aerial from time to time)

User Info: Black_Assassin

Black_Assassin
1 week ago#4
TSS also directly affects average damage over time because you have to reload less.
Want to cure diseases with your spare computing power?
http://folding.stanford.edu/

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
1 week ago#5
Sticky Cap is 200% of the weapon's Raw.
As an example...Safi's Aquashot has 295 TR assuming Narga Essence and Attack VI/Vx3.
This means its Sticky cap is 295 * 2 = 590.
So basically, in this scenario you would need another 295 worth of raw to hit the Sticky cap.
If you weren't using Narga Essence, you could roll another Attack V landing you at 305 TR making your Sticky cap 610.

Artillery 3 adds 30% or a 1.3 multi, Artillery 5 is 50% or a 1.5 multi.
Iirc, Felyne Bombardier is 10% or a 1.1 multi.
Attack Boost 7 is 21, Agitator 5/7 is 20/28, Peak Performance 3 is 20.
Mightcharm/mightalon is 15 total, Attack Up Large Meal is 15, Mightseed/Demon Powder are 10 each and Mega Demon Drug is 7 for a grand total of 57 off these buffs combined.

And Fortify is a 1.1/1.2 multiplier to your buffs and I believe all the * 1.x stuff I've listed stacks multiplicatively off the raw and each other.
Outside of TGLs, Fortify's value is dependent on the number of carts available, and is thus limited.

So like with all this in mind...In my case, I can think of two sets I'd probably try.

Set A:You can roll another Attack V instead of Narga Essence on Aquashot landing you at 305 TR
Brachy B Head and Chest, A Arms and Waist, F.Raj B Legs.
You can hit AB7, Agi7, Art5, PP3, HB3, SR3, AU3, and get a regular Razor Sharp charm on.

Set B: Use Narga Essence on the Aquashot
Narga A Helm and Legs, Zorah A Chest and Waist, B Arms.
You can hit AB7, Art5, PP3, HB3, AU3, and TSS.

In the prior case, assuming all buffs, we have (305 + 57 + 21 + 28 + 20) * 1.5 * 1.1 = 711.15 out of our would be 610 cap.
You probably notice how f***ing overkill that is.
In the latter case, assuming all buffs, we have (295 + 57 + 21+ 20) *1.5 * 1.1 = 648.45 out of our 590 cap.
Still pretty well above what we can use, so a lot of those offensive skills/buffs are wasted.

What if we drop the Attack Up Large Meal, Demon Powder/Might Seed, and Demondrugs altogether?
We'll keep the Powercharm/talon 'cuz why the f*** not.

In the prior case we have 305 + 15 + 21 +28 + 20 = 389
389 * 1.5 * 1.1 = 641.85 out of our 610 cap.
In the latter case we have 295 + 15 +21 + 20 = 351
351 * 1.5 * 1.1 = 579.15 out of our 590 cap
You can easily make up that 11 or so raw with a single Might Seed or eating for Attack Up Medium if you wanna not worry about popping buffs.
With Fortify and just Artillery 3 in mind you could roll Narga A Helm and Legs, B Waist, and then Brachy B Chest/A Arms and work from there to fill in the raw gap with w/e.

As you've likely noted, hitting the Sticky cap isn't too hard at all.
In which case, I'd prefer having True Spare Shot over regular Spare Shot or no Spare Shot at all.

Sorry for the wall of text, hope this helps.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I'm just a Scrublord. I prefer casual games.

User Info: tokerblue

tokerblue
1 week ago#6
This is the build I'm currently using for MGV. I much rather prefer TSS over Artillery 5 since the real benefit of Sticky 3 is the KO. You can make up for the damage differential with a few Clusters if needed.

Damage on the training pole:
Sticky 3: 113
Cluster 3: 99
Wyvern: 433+120

Armor
Nargacuga Head Alpha+
Nargacuga Chest Beta+ Arms
Brachydium Arms Alpha+
Brachydium Waist Beta+
Nargacuga Legs Alpha+
Free Elem/Ammo Up Charm III

True Razor Sharp/Spare Shot
Agitator Secret
Free Elem/Ammo Up Lv3
Slugger Lv3
Peak Performance Lv3
Artillery Lv3
Guard Up Lv1
Piercing Shots Lv1
Health Boost Lv1
Evade Window Lv3
Attack Boost Lv5
Agitator Lv7

Deco
Attack Jewel 1 (5)
Challenger Jewel+ 4
KO Jewel 2 (2)
KO/Vitality Jewel 4
Shield Jewel 2
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
- Robert A. Heinlein

User Info: Aegis24

Aegis24
1 week ago#7
Unbound-King posted...
Sticky Cap is 200% of the weapon's Raw.
As an example...Safi's Aquashot has 295 TR assuming Narga Essence and Attack VI/Vx3.
This means its Sticky cap is 295 * 2 = 590.
So basically, in this scenario you would need another 295 worth of raw to hit the Sticky cap.
If you weren't using Narga Essence, you could roll another Attack V landing you at 305 TR making your Sticky cap 610.

Artillery 3 adds 30% or a 1.3 multi, Artillery 5 is 50% or a 1.5 multi.
Iirc, Felyne Bombardier is 10% or a 1.1 multi.
Attack Boost 7 is 21, Agitator 5/7 is 20/28, Peak Performance 3 is 20.
Mightcharm/mightalon is 15 total, Attack Up Large Meal is 15, Mightseed/Demon Powder are 10 each and Mega Demon Drug is 7 for a grand total of 57 off these buffs combined.

And Fortify is a 1.1/1.2 multiplier to your buffs and I believe all the * 1.x stuff I've listed stacks multiplicatively off the raw and each other.
Outside of TGLs, Fortify's value is dependent on the number of carts available, and is thus limited.

So like with all this in mind...In my case, I can think of two sets I'd probably try.

Set A:You can roll another Attack V instead of Narga Essence on Aquashot landing you at 305 TR
Brachy B Head and Chest, A Arms and Waist, F.Raj B Legs.
You can hit AB7, Agi7, Art5, PP3, HB3, SR3, AU3, and get a regular Razor Sharp charm on.

Set B: Use Narga Essence on the Aquashot
Narga A Helm and Legs, Zorah A Chest and Waist, B Arms.
You can hit AB7, Art5, PP3, HB3, AU3, and TSS.

In the prior case, assuming all buffs, we have (305 + 57 + 21 + 28 + 20) * 1.5 * 1.1 = 711.15 out of our would be 610 cap.
You probably notice how f***ing overkill that is.
In the latter case, assuming all buffs, we have (295 + 57 + 21+ 20) *1.5 * 1.1 = 648.45 out of our 590 cap.
Still pretty well above what we can use, so a lot of those offensive skills/buffs are wasted.

What if we drop the Attack Up Large Meal, Demon Powder/Might Seed, and Demondrugs altogether?
We'll keep the Powercharm/talon 'cuz why the f*** not.

In the prior case we have 305 + 15 + 21 +28 + 20 = 389
389 * 1.5 * 1.1 = 641.85 out of our 610 cap.
In the latter case we have 295 + 15 +21 + 20 = 351
351 * 1.5 * 1.1 = 579.15 out of our 590 cap
You can easily make up that 11 or so raw with a single Might Seed or eating for Attack Up Medium if you wanna not worry about popping buffs.
With Fortify and just Artillery 3 in mind you could roll Narga A Helm and Legs, B Waist, and then Brachy B Chest/A Arms and work from there to fill in the raw gap with w/e.

As you've likely noted, hitting the Sticky cap isn't too hard at all.
In which case, I'd prefer having True Spare Shot over regular Spare Shot or no Spare Shot at all.

Sorry for the wall of text, hope this helps.

Not apologies necessary, that's all really great info!
I had actually put together the first set already so now I know exactly what I do and don't need. Peak performance isn't necessary and I never used demon drugs or any of that anyway so that puts me at 633 TR when the monster is enraged. I'm a bit of a fashion hunter so I'll fiddle with this build so it's more efficient on skills.

User Info: Rayanson

Rayanson
1 week ago#8
Sticky is for KO & multi player, reaching the damage might net off 2 minutes off your....20 minutes quest? Worth it?
Who reads these anyway

User Info: tekato

tekato
1 week ago#9
Rayanson posted...
Sticky is for KO & multi player, reaching the damage might net off 2 minutes off your....20 minutes quest? Worth it?
Sticky ammo can get sub 10 minute hunts without even trying. Where did u get 20 minutes from?

User Info: Yaiden

Yaiden
1 week ago#10
tekato posted...
Sticky ammo can get sub 10 minute hunts without even trying. Where did u get 20 minutes from?
This.

Some speedrunner actually got around 3 or 4 mins on Stygian iirc. Well, that was with environmental traps and/or wallbangs.
Bonafide Monafide~
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Thoughts on Raging Brachy armor for sticky builds?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A