• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What safi weapons are still good after the Raging Brachy/Furious Rajang update?

User Info: PeaceForGallia

PeaceForGallia
1 week ago#1
I play on the PC, and we got Safi jiiva recently.

I've been farming him and upgrading a few safi weapons, specifically gunlance/SnS but I heard the new Raging Brachy gunlance is better. In other words, it kind of killed my motivation to continue upgrading it.

So now I'm looking for any kind of safi weapon I can work on, that won't get overshadowed so quickly. Thank you for your time and assistance!

P.S: I'm looking for information on any kind of "average joe" builds, I've been trying to look but all I seem to find are meta speed runner builds using jewels bestowed by god himself.

User Info: silverbullet474

silverbullet474
1 week ago#2
From what I hear, the new GL options are strong but for every other weapon Safi is still varying degrees of slightly better to worse but by too small a margin to really make much difference compared to Raging Brachy (there doesn't seem to be much discussion about Furious Rajang stuff).
PSN: KPlaysHere
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/silverbullet4747

User Info: SunaKi10

SunaKi10
1 week ago#3
Safi is nearly allways top Tier.
Raging is mostly a Sidegrade and his GS and LS are specialy close to Safi.
All the Guns are good. Zorah, Rajang, Furious, Garuga, Stygian...
Safi isnt very prominent under Long range Weapons.
His Ice CB is also inferior to Beos.

So dont worry.
The worst thing what can happen is, Alatreon showing up later whit the best Dragongear.

User Info: PeaceForGallia

PeaceForGallia
1 week ago#4
Hmm I see, I made one of those Safi Shatterbuster wide lvl 6 gunlances, and a long lvl 6 gunlance as well.

User Info: EmoBanger69

EmoBanger69
1 week ago#5
PeaceForGallia posted...
Hmm I see, I made one of those Safi Shatterbuster wide lvl 6 gunlances, and a long lvl 6 gunlance as well.
F. Rajang and R. Brachy have Wide 7 Gunlances now.

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
1 week ago#6
Raging Brach weapons are comparable to Safi Blast weapons with 2 sharpness & 3 Attack. Compared to that thay have slightly less raw in exchange for slightly more Blast and an additional Lv3 slot.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out. He ate glue."
i5-8400|8GB DDR4-2666|GTX 1060 6GB|250GB SSD|1TB HDD|Corsair Spec-01

User Info: Fairycancel

Fairycancel
1 week ago#7
The brachy wide GL is pretty fantastic but that's about it as far as strickly better goes. The rest are so close that you can pick either lol

Furious Jang HBG have a lot of talk for normal and sticky ammo. That's about it for jang. GL and HBG are my favorite weps of this update lol
MHGen Ign: Soleil, Mordecai
Like to often use: Bow(Drilltusk/Teo Adept), DB(FMDX=Aerial), LS(Guild/Striker), GS(Aerial from time to time)

User Info: Mr_FOXH0UND

Mr_FOXH0UND
1 week ago#8
I watched a video that basically said that raging brachy weapons are better for raw, but safi weapons are still best for elemental.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8FZFH6RRrw
MGO: Mr_FOXH0UND
PSN: Spathii

User Info: nuke2099

nuke2099
1 week ago#9
Mr_FOXH0UND posted...
I watched a video that basically said that raging brachy weapons are better for raw, but safi weapons are still best for elemental.

You should check out the math guys where they go over that Brachy weapons are still under Safi's for raw but they come close and don't require a siege/raid to get. They're also slightly better for utility.
Gamertag: Nuke2099

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#10
Mr_FOXH0UND posted...

120% affinity
rhiethreal.deviantart.com
It's pronounced: rye - E3 - all
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What safi weapons are still good after the Raging Brachy/Furious Rajang update?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A