• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Why am I sensitive? (Serious)

User Info: tubee_the

tubee_the
1 week ago#1
Hello. I’m sorry if this is not right place, I just thought you guys seem to know this or have empathy towards my question..

Why am I sensitive? That’s my question.. it affects me everywhere.. even in MHW..

for example, I accidentally launch a player or trip them more than once, I use shoutout to say “Sorry!” once, then I spend 2-4 minutes thinking about it and say things in my head like “dang, I didn’t mean it! I swear!”, why do I seek to have to prove myself to others and always think of the worse, Incase I will get wrongfully blamed? Is there a reason for this?

Not only that but, when I don’t do to other hunter’s expectations, I kind of get guilty or mad at myself.. like i don’t do much part breaking in safi siege but I try to with lance or hunting horn.. I kind of feel guilty..

i just started to avoid playing online and when I launch PS4.. i uncheck “connect to network” box and just play solo.. it feels really better not to have being constantly judged by the expectation of other hunters..
yet it kind of feels lonely.. but I will get used to it..

TL;DR: I feel pressured by other hunters expectations and afraid of making them upset. If they upset, I upset. So, I started playing offline; disconnected. Help me with my sensitivity..

thanks..

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
1 week ago#2
So lemme point out something:

There’s a couple spectrums of reactions people have to what you do:

Indifferent to intently observing

negative to positive

Generally, people are indifferent and neutral. And if they don’t tell you, you should only assume they’re moderately observant and neutral. In general, negative stuff stands out, and positive stuff is just... forgotten, and for what good you do, you should remember that that exists, and if people don’t express discontent, assume it’s forgiven. Mind you, if it was a big deal, avoid what you did next time.

The point is, if they’re not willing to tell you what went wrong and that they’re upset, it’s too hard on yourself to just assume they’re pissed for the next 2 minutes. It’s good to care about the general performance of the group, and how you fit in, but don’t let that negative feeling persist. You screw something up, move on and do better as you can. You’ll make more mistakes getting worried about them than if you let them go.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: tubee_the

tubee_the
1 week ago#3
thanks.. I’ll try to remind myself the good things I do during a hunt to feel better and become forgivable towards myself.

I will not forget the times my friend used dust of life.. I should go message him now as a thanks.. not gonna let it be forgotten. and the gourmet vouchers!

User Info: Semeki

Semeki
1 week ago#4
I dont see why you would think others have expectations of you? Like did they voice these things?
No one uses the chat box lol too much of a hassle on ps4 unless its outside of hunts like in the hub or something unless they're really pissed off but that is usually followed by a PM through ps4.

I've had times whenever I keep carting or failing hunts I feel down. But that's mostly on me and not others. I know I can kill everything in MH but off days happen.

Also you sound kinda young if something like this bothers you. No one is perfect, there will always be someone better than you, every single person judges, and there are douches out there, live with it, accept it.
The darkest shadows are cast by the brightest light.

User Info: zigxzag

zigxzag
1 week ago#5
If you're hammer player, you have tripped everyone (with flinch free 1) more than you launch players. These trips can easily cart people while launching them rarely get them carted. Personally, I don't really care about these things, and if I get tripped, I just blame myself not equip flinch free 3.
In Diablo 3 RoS, Rift Guardians find you

User Info: _Angel_

_Angel_
1 week ago#6
If you're playing with people who expect perfect play from you honestly you are better off without them.

Don't be tripping up over that s*** and just do what you're doing dude. Remember, always that this is just a game and we play them to relax, not stress.
Leader of the AP.

User Info: tokerblue

tokerblue
1 week ago#7
As others have mentioned, it's a game. Don't think too much about it. I guarantee most people who play the game simply go on to the next Quest and don't worry too much about the previous quest.

My biggest peeve about other players is when they wake up a sleeping monster with a weak attack or don't wait until others have finished placing bombs. This is even after communicating with them using the "Sleep" and "Stop" picture messages. But I just move on to the next Quest. You can't control other people's actions, but you can control how you feel about it.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
- Robert A. Heinlein

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#8
No one cares.

If you are at least trying, not just leeching, then it's fine.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com
In consideration of the Pandemic, I have cleared my ignore list. Trolling will get you quickly readded to it.

User Info: Edgemaster70000

Edgemaster70000
1 week ago#9
One of the more unknown signs of depression is getting overly emotional about things that don't warrant it.
XBL GT: Dapper DLnosaur.

User Info: SpinKirby

SpinKirby
1 week ago#10
I don't think this is a monster hunter issue, bro.
MHW Supplemental Discord: https://discord.gg/ChHjtYQ
https://imgur.com/QL6WJAl https://imgur.com/lGlcDyU
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Why am I sensitive? (Serious)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A