• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. [PC] LBG: Garuga vs Rajang vs Shara

User Info: BeLieVEdaHyPE

BeLieVEdaHyPE
1 month ago#1
No Safi until later, so which one do y’all prefer for Sticky 3? Garuga is the weakest of the 3 in terms of raw damage, but I like how you can move and shoot S3 with it unlike the others. Zorah 3x and Rathian 2x can be useful for Sticky and Poison damage/duration on Garuga as well. What say you?

User Info: CanOfTUna

CanOfTUna
1 month ago#2
Only 18 creatures out of 66 (about 27%) have either 1 star weak to poison or are immune. 73% of the game has 2 or 3 star weak to poison and that alone means poison with Rathian set is super good. We're talking thousands of free damage and not having to expend one sticky shot. The attack isn't that much lower than Rajangs (maybe 30 raw or so if we're talking fully augmented?) and Rajang's can't move while shooting. Garuga and 2 piece Rathian until you have access to Safi's aquashot is all you need.
http://tuna.ytmnd.com

User Info: Dark_Abaddon

Dark_Abaddon
1 month ago#3
Garuga also has pierce, which can work well on some monsters. I run 3 piece narga for better DPS uptime on sticky and that gives points of pierce up for free.
Gaming while on a treadmill

User Info: Robust

Robust
1 month ago#4
rajang all the way
See you, Space Cowboy
https://myanimelist.net/profile/Barrusu

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
1 month ago#5
Actually, garuga beats shara, but shara gets great CC options.

Rajang destroys them both.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

BeLieVEdaHyPE
1 month ago#6
Button_Masher_Z posted...
Actually, garuga beats shara, but shara gets great CC options.

Rajang destroys them both.

What is CC?

User Info: Dark_Abaddon

Dark_Abaddon
1 month ago#7
crowd control
Gaming while on a treadmill

BeLieVEdaHyPE
1 month ago#8
Dark_Abaddon posted...
crowd control

Ok, yeah. I actually agree since Shara is what I’ve been using for MP hunts with Slugger 3. I get 3 to 5 KOs per hunt, while paralyzing and putting the monsters to sleep. Teammates love me :p

User Info: Placid01

Placid01
1 month ago#9
I was using garuga vs. Safi last week. Open with a few rounds of poison (which Safi is weak to), then sticky the wings, back, and head until the poison wears off. Repeat as needed.

BeLieVEdaHyPE
1 month ago#10
Placid01 posted...
I was using garuga vs. Safi last week. Open with a few rounds of poison (which Safi is weak to), then sticky the wings, back, and head until the poison wears off. Repeat as needed.

Curious, what was your completion time on that run?
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. [PC] LBG: Garuga vs Rajang vs Shara
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A