• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Are you excited for the Crown Events?

User Info: xo0Achilles0ox

xo0Achilles0ox
1 week ago#1
Well, are you excited or not?

Probably would have been simpler to just ask if you care about crowns. I doubt I'll be running any of these quests other than out of boredom. I just don't care for crown hunting. Thanks for your time!

User Info: nebula2

nebula2
1 week ago#2
No. I already got my crowns ^^/
PSN:Nebuladark, Switch FC:SW-0857-4415-9982,
3DS: FC:0774-5319-1816, ACNL:Nebula from Ygdrasil, MHGenU:Serenade, MHworld:Serenade.

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
1 week ago#3
I could go for some crowns on my XBO file. I only got the plat on the PS4 side.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I'm just a Scrublord. I prefer casual games.

User Info: meunome

meunome
1 week ago#4
Sure.
I already got 3 crowns.
It's really disappointing they put base game monsters in the quest as a form of trolling though.

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#5
No, I don't care. I grinded like crazy to get the crowns in the base game, and it was the most unfun part of the game for me. I still did it because it was the last trophy that I needed for the plat, and I didn't know how much of a hassle it would be until I was almost done with it.

When IB released, I didn't have that same type of investment. I already knew how tedious crown farming was, so when I saw that they added another crown farming set of trophies, I immediately lost all interest in IB trophies. Them not doing a game wide crown event, and just sticking to the same tired bandaid as the base game's crown events, only further cemented that feeling.

If it was a game wide thing, I could at least do it will also farming tempered investigations.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: VegaGG

VegaGG
1 week ago#6
No, brought them too late.

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
1 week ago#7
I wonder.
These events will probably all be MR24, so that excludes the MR70s like B.Tigrex and the Metal Raths.
And obviously there're no EDs. Scarred Garuga is a specific exclusion as there shouldn't be any Tempered Mons in these either.

So. How many monsters are we left with for IB?

Forest has Narga, Garuga, and Ray.

Wastelands looks to include S.Jho plus Glavenus, and while not from IB, a Crown event for B. Blos was never present before, we can probably also expect Nightshade Paolumu to be here as well so there might be one filler option here as well though the Rotten Vale multi-hunt Event Quest in HR only had 4 mons iirc so they might just stop at 4 for any of these.

Coral Highlands has Zinogre, Coral Pukei, and Ebony Odoggo with potential for Shrieking Legi if it's not in the Hoarfrost Reach, otherwise there's at least one or two filler options.

Rotten Vale will likely be Tigrex, Acidic Glavenus, and Seething Bazel, leaving two slots for whoever.

Elder's Recess is almost guaranteed to have Brachy and that's about it.
Maybe this is where they'll shove folks like Banbaro and Fulgur Anja to thin out the spread for Hoarfrost?

Hoarfrost's options include Beotodus, Banbaro, Fulgur Anja, Barioth, Viper-Tobi Kadachi, Shrieking Legi, and Styggy Zin. Again, since Ban and Fulgur are roamers, they can show up in other Locale's Events.

There's also the angry versions of Brachy and Ray on the horizon.
Given that regular Ray, Styggy, and even f***ing Safi are counted as MR24 Moonstars, there's an honest chance the two Variants will also be MR24 which means they might be included in latter Events, such as the ER one.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I'm just a Scrublord. I prefer casual games.

User Info: OhGoodGrief

OhGoodGrief
1 week ago#8
Why should I care about crowns?

User Info: Deaga

Deaga
1 week ago#9
I'm more excited for them as Hunt-A-Thons.

The first one is absolutely terrible though, but that's mostly due to Ancient Forest being possibly the worst map in the entire series. However, having Rathalos and Anjanath be two of the three starting moves is a huge dick move to the people who actually want to farm for crowns in this quest. Gotta go through two monsters you likely already have crowns for (from High Rank) before the final two MR guys can spawn, ugh.
Shameless self-plug for my MH speedrunning youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/DeASDFga

User Info: drag10

drag10
1 week ago#10
Deaga posted...
I'm more excited for them as Hunt-A-Thons.

The first one is absolutely terrible though, but that's mostly due to Ancient Forest being possibly the worst map in the entire series. However, having Rathalos and Anjanath be two of the three starting moves is a huge dick move to the people who actually want to farm for crowns in this quest. Gotta go through two monsters you likely already have crowns for (from High Rank) before the final two MR guys can spawn, ugh.
Should have seen that one time I had Anjanath, Rathalos and Narga all gather at that one area outside camp 11. Talk about being cramped in like sardines...
PSN: AshScar88
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Are you excited for the Crown Events?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A