• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. 2/27 Crowns and Ancient Feystones

User Info: ExtremeXPSO

ExtremeXPSO
1 week ago#1
The decoration quest is When The Swift Meets The Roar. It's against Nargacuga and Tigrex in the arena. Prepare thine anus!

Crown quest is Symphony of the Coral. At least Zinogre and Coral Pukei Pukei.

User Info: ssj4jeremy

ssj4jeremy
1 week ago#2
Only Ancient Feystones? Woof

User Info: windklinge

windklinge
1 week ago#3
the deco event quest sucks. not worth running. the quick 30 second gather event quest was better for ancient feystones already. its not even carved ones. seriously. devs beeing out of touch with thier own rng bs is the worst.

melder + solidbone farming is still best method. just find an easy t2 like lavas*** and bully it towards the walls nonstop in gl. gets you like 40+ bones in no time. deco fodder is easy to stack up from chungus event quest in HR. just puke farm trash decos off him.

expect the GSG farm event quest to be similar useless like the cancerstone one with tempered pickle in basegame btw. gl is still way better for both probaly in the end.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: UndyingStick

UndyingStick
1 week ago#4
I struggle to see why they even announced this crap of an event on the roadmap... literally everything gives ancient feystones.

I honestly don’t understand capcom and what are they thinking. It makes no sense.

User Info: RottenCorpse

RottenCorpse
1 week ago#5
Damn they keep disappointing me more and more. What a waste of time.

User Info: Iron-Warrior

Iron-Warrior
1 week ago#6
windklinge posted...
the deco event quest sucks. not worth running. the quick 30 second gather event quest was better for ancient feystones already. its not even carved ones. seriously. devs beeing out of touch with thier own rng bs is the worst.

melder + solidbone farming is still best method. just find an easy t2 like lavas*** and bully it towards the walls nonstop in gl. gets you like 40+ bones in no time. deco fodder is easy to stack up from chungus event quest in HR. just puke farm trash decos off him.

expect the GSG farm event quest to be similar useless like the cancerstone one with tempered pickle in basegame btw. gl is still way better for both probaly in the end.
You're probably one of the few people on this board I know for a fact regrets booting up the game, but still does so anyways, with the intent of playing what I'm going to guess is a very bad unenjoyable game for you now for a few hours.

In fact, this is a general observation: Monster Hunter is one of the few video games out there where half its playerbase can genuinely hate it but still keep on playing. It's astounding and while the game/franchise in general can be frustrating at times, it's only with this playerbase that the playtime can reach about 90% frustration and dissapointment with only 10% achievement and satisfaction, and keep on going. Most players of who reach that point with other games quit, but that's not the case with MH lol.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: TEzeon431

TEzeon431
1 week ago#7
Literally the two most hyped quests for me, now completely unhyped
OG like a captain that's retired.

User Info: Armedragon

Armedragon
1 week ago#8
Not even a chance for carved!? Well, back to TGL to gather TED tracks to stock up investigations
MHW IGN: Mizuki
PSN: AnthonyKied (not a native English speaker)

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
1 week ago#9
Not sure why everyone is acting so let down.

You literally know nothing about how the Ancient Feystones will be earned in the event.

Given that it's specifically an event for Ancient Feystones, it isn't unreasonable to think this could be something like Triple Threat Throwdown used to be in High Rank. Where you could pick up 7 or 8 feystones in a short run.

Or this could be some sort of gimmick event like Greatest Jagras and Tempered Lavasioth, in which you get shinies. In which case you could pick up 30 Ancient Feystones in a single run.

Both of which are probably a lot better than any current hunt can give you. More importantly, if you do get a larger quantity of Feystones, they will let you meld that much more, and that much faster.

So really, I'm not seeing a downside here, unless the average drop rate for completion is 2-4 feystones and nothing more.

Edit: The Symphony event, isn't that Ebony Odogaron up in the right?
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye." ~~ PSN: CrysisZephyr
"But I'm serious about my fooling around." ~~ Magilou
(edited 1 week ago)
SilverHawke27 posted...
Not sure why everyone is acting so let down.

You literally know nothing about how the Ancient Feystones will be earned in the event.

Given that it's specifically an event for Ancient Feystones, it isn't unreasonable to think this could be something like Triple Threat Throwdown used to be in High Rank. Where you could pick up 7 or 8 feystones in a short run.

Or this could be some sort of gimmick event like Greatest Jagras and Tempered Lavasioth, in which you get shinies. In which case you could pick up 30 Ancient Feystones in a single run.

Both of which are probably a lot better than any current hunt can give you. More importantly, if you do get a larger quantity of Feystones, they will let you meld that much more, and that much faster.

So really, I'm not seeing a downside here, unless the average drop rate for completion is 2-4 feystones and nothing more.

Edit: The Symphony event, isn't that Ebony Odogaron up in the right?
Look up the decoration drop table. Ancient fey stones are pretty much trash tier. Most of the best decorations can’t even drop from them. Even some of the better base world decos don’t even drop from them. Farming for ancient feystones is pretty much a waste of time for people who put in a decent amount of time
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. 2/27 Crowns and Ancient Feystones
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A