• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. So why does Safi's armor suck?

User Info: BoneArcher

BoneArcher
1 week ago#1
I know I'm going to catch a bunch of flack for this, but yesterday, after about 6 hours of farming for a single fellwing, I was finally able to make his full armor. Upon helping a buddy out with his Velkhana quest, I was appalled to see that my health was decreasing every time I whipped my hammer out. After looking at the skill(it was nice seeing all those buffs), I really just can't quantify the ROI for this set here. The risk vs reward ratio is just too high. Are all those buffs really worth the increase of potential death? I get it, you're supposed to be constantly hitting the monster/go berserk, but we don't live in a perfect world. Any input on this and/or is there a way to gem out the health decrease? Thanks!
PSN: Frost_Titan11

User Info: Judgment100

Judgment100
1 week ago#2
It's good for killing yourself to activate Fortify in the GL.

:D
Blinding my sight in a curtain of red, frustration is getting bigger.
Delivering judgment since 2007. No tricks, no gimmicks.

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
1 week ago#3
So.
The Safi bonus takes away HP for each swing until you lose up to 40.
Assuming all your attacks connect, you'll get back 50 HP.
Like...SnS might take 4 HP per swing, meaning that if you land 10 hits, you'll get back the HP you lost and then some.
Sheathing your weapon resets the number of hits you need to get the 50 HP back and stay hits that touch nothing but air will also drain your health with little recourse.

A primary use of the Safi set is that the HP drain guarantees that you'll always proc Resentment which has become rather popular on Raw sets. For those who want a safer experience, a single Health Aug can often overtake the Health Drain from Safi and you'll still get the 50 HP back whenever you reach your hit number so it can act as a better form of Nergigante's set bonus.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I'm just a Scrublord. I prefer casual games.

User Info: Placid01

Placid01
1 week ago#4
Can you manage a health augment on your hammer? That might mitigate the risk, and still leave you with a couple points of red health to trigger resentment.

User Info: gene0129

gene0129
1 week ago#5
Recovery+ and Health Augmentation really helps with Safi Armor drain.
Life is hard, but it's harder if you're stupid

User Info: BlackHoleEyes

BlackHoleEyes
1 week ago#6
It's actually fantastic on elemental sets. That 150 base element from the 5p is fantastic for weapons that don't get much from (T)CE, like LBG. It's also a lot safer on ranged weapons, since you can stay back, safer from being hit.
The +20/40% affinity helps a lot too. It actually lets you run 100% natural crit sets with nearly any weapon.
According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way that a bee isn't annoying.
Safi armor is great. It rewards good players and I believe is the right approach for Capcom to take. One of the main problems with safi weapons is that they are too easy to get for low level players. Safi armor is amazing in that it made the useless skill resentment now meta.

User Info: BoneArcher

BoneArcher
1 week ago#8
Ok, so my best bet is to gem Recovery+ and Health Augmentation in? I mean, I get what they were going for, but the need to constantly be hitting combos just doesn't seem realistic.

And thank you all for not having the *GET GUD* mentality. I appreciate that. I understand that some may have an ego that says it works because you're always so good, but my PERSONAL play style just doesn't reap the benefits from this set.

Thanks again!

PSN: Frost_Titan11

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
1 week ago#9
BoneArcher posted...
And thank you all for not having the *GET GUD* mentality. I appreciate that. I understand that some may have an ego that says it works because you're always so good, but my PERSONAL play style just doesn't reap the benefits from this set.
I have no ego 'cuz it never works.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I'm just a Scrublord. I prefer casual games.

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
1 week ago#10
For many or most weapons, you do not want to have any sort of passive health recovery, because one of the primary reasons to run Safi'jiiva's set bonus is to use Resentment well. Health augment is a bad thing to run with Resentment, and if you're not running Resentment, you're often better off not running Safi'jiiva's set bonus anyway.

(The only weapon I use Health Recovery with is Adept Stormslinger, because the element boost of Safi'jiiva armor is important, but Resentment isn't as much. But I could be convinced otherwise.)
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. So why does Safi's armor suck?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A