• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Pandora's Arena: The Literally Impossible Quest

User Info: FrankFontaine1

FrankFontaine1
1 month ago#1
I'm at my wits end. I've stepped away from MHW for months because of this stupid rage-inducing quest. I've got a full suit of fireproof armor, a water longsword, gems to match, and 120 hours into this game. This quest is impossible. 15 minutes to "repel" Lunastra out of the arena. Might as well have me kill it, I sure as s*** hit it enough times. I either run out of time (because 15 mins for this quest is complete bulls***) or I get killed 3 times desperately wailing on the damn thing because I don't want to run out of time. Waiting for people to join my quest has gotten me nothing and neither has the SOS flair. There's literally nothing I can do. This quest is impossible. And apparently the collective internet shares my frustration. I just want to get rid of it and get on with the game. Is anybody here willing to help, and if not, could you kindly point me to a forum where I can find someone who will?

User Info: traumprinz

traumprinz
1 month ago#2
im home in an hour post your session info and ill kill it for you

hope youre on ps4
annak idejen kezdtuk egy darab teglaval meg egy kilo malacgecive

User Info: tekato

tekato
1 month ago#3
Honestly I think you should keep trying and figure out what you're doing wrong. You're clearly not dealing enough damage since her repel health is much lower than her actual health pool in a real quest. If you just get carried by someone she's just going to clap you later when you have to face her again. Learn the fight and see how you can improve your equipment.

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
1 month ago#4
Luna is not weak to water, and element isn’t strong on LS.

If you want to use an element, use ice. But you should probably use a strong raw LS.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: omegafire18

omegafire18
1 month ago#5
I think everyone agrees that it's difficult in HR gear, but not impossible. Like any monster, you have to know their attack patterns and such, and use that to deal damage while avoiding as many attacks as possible.

I used a non-elemental GS with 'normal' levels of Fire Resistance against her (PSA: it doesn't help much like normal, because most of her fire attacks do Heat damage, not Fire damage; to help against the former, you need a Cold Drink active), and certainly failed to repel her a few times. But then around the 3rd or 4th try, I manage to do it with a minute or two to spare.

^But if you have Iceborne and get MR equipment, it'll be fairly easy to damage her/take less damage overall in that timeframe, since the quest doesn't scale to those.
Just someone with different standards for reality and fiction. The latter is generally much more open, and is personally considered much more interesting.

User Info: FrankFontaine1

FrankFontaine1
1 month ago#6
Nvm, literally just did it lol. Switched to my Giant Jawblade (Ice GS) and made sure to eat jerky. Had a guy respond to my SOS flair about halfway through. Been stuck on this for months!

User Info: Rayanson

Rayanson
1 month ago#7
If anyone else stumble upon this topic later for any reason: the weak point is the wings, bringing an insect glaive might even be a solution
Who reads these anyway

User Info: CaoSlayer

CaoSlayer
1 month ago#8
Rayanson posted...
If anyone else stumble upon this topic later for any reason: the weak point is the wings, bringing an insect glaive might even be a solution

The real weak point of Lunastra are the legs.

Lunastra get toppled by enough damage there and all four legs counts as a zone.
When you topple Luna, you delay the supernova to the point you can avoid it at all.

Gunlance is very nice against luna for this. You should try using it.
youtube.com/caoslayer
All Gunlance Videos. Builds, Walkthrough, Naked Runs, and explosions, lots of explosions.

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
1 month ago#9
FrankFontaine1 posted...
Nvm, literally just did it lol. Switched to my Giant Jawblade (Ice GS) and made sure to eat jerky. Had a guy respond to my SOS flair about halfway through. Been stuck on this for months!
Valuable lesson here.

Don't simply assume a monster's weaknesses.
Just because Teo and Luna are simply male/female opposites, doesn't mean they have all the same weaknesses.

"Sa souvraya niende misain ye." ~~ PSN: CrysisZephyr
~~~No Damage from Kulve~~~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgTQtBM-lsU

User Info: HF92

HF92
4 weeks ago#10
having Kushala Flight active as well makes her wind effects nullified, which makes survivability muuuuuch easier.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Pandora's Arena: The Literally Impossible Quest
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A