• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Is stun damage dependent on damage dealt?

User Info: looselink

looselink
1 week ago#1
As a hunting horn user one thing i'm usually after at least to some extent is stuns against the monster. What i'm wondering is, does the amount of damage I deal or whether my attack crits or not; do these affect the amount of stun inflicted onto the monster?

For example if I have 100 affinity vs a build with no affinity, will the 100 affinity set build exhaust and stun faster?
!

User Info: BIGTACO

BIGTACO
1 week ago#2
Stun is independent of damage and set stun values are tied to individual hits/attacks. Only way to change these values is through the armor skill slugger and the food skill felyne slugger
Gods in his heaven
All is right with the world

User Info: UnPollo

UnPollo
1 week ago#3
As far as I know it's fixed and based on the move.
The only way to increase it us through skills such as (felyne) Slugger and with Impact mantle

User Info: Okamiaku

Okamiaku
1 week ago#4
BIGTACO posted...
Stun is independent of damage and set stun values are tied to individual hits/attacks. Only way to change these values is through the armor skill slugger and the food skill felyne slugger and impact mantle

Same goes for Exhaust as well.

" With Passioned Breath the Darkness Creeps, It is the Whisperer in the Night to Spy upon your Sleep "

User Info: LurkingTeostra

LurkingTeostra
1 week ago#5
Fixed values for each different attack of hammer and HH (as well as the guns and the Punish draw skill)

If you're looking to inflict more KOs as a HH, slotting Slugger in isn't a bad idea at all especially for solo play. It got buffed to a whopping 20% on the first level in Iceborne.
A gem to reforge the world: from blood, the sea; flesh, the land; bone, the wood.

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
1 week ago#6
There's also slugger secret via Diablos armor and the Impact Mantle if you really wanna go nuts with it.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I'm just a Scrublord. I prefer casual games.

User Info: neogeno

neogeno
1 week ago#7
There is also an added stun effect on Odos 2 piece Punishing Draw skill.
Early to rise and early to bed, makes a man healthy but socially dead.

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
1 week ago#8
That was moved to barioth's set for master rank.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

User Info: neogeno

neogeno
1 week ago#9
YoukaiSlayer posted...
That was moved to barioth's set for master rank.
Ah I see. Still moving though the early game right now and havent met barioth yet.
Early to rise and early to bed, makes a man healthy but socially dead.

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
1 week ago#10
It's real unfortunate actually. I don't like any of the barioth pieces but odo and ebony odo have some pretty great pieces both visually and skill wise. With just ebony odo chest and regular odo waist you can get 7 crit eye and have a 4 slot and 2 slot left over. If that also came with punish draw, it'd be awesome.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Is stun damage dependent on damage dealt?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers