• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Your reaction: beat a monster without armor, get his set as layered

User Info: Rayanson

Rayanson
6 days ago#1
What would you think of this? And which armor would you aim for / guarantee you can get?

I think it'd be nice to make every armors layered as long as you hunt the monster without armor (then they release it the guiding land way) you basically get early access

I wanna say it'd create diversity among layered but there's already a lot tbh so that won't change that much, but I'd like to flex that seething Bazelgeuse armor for male, also Velkhana, paolumu, odogaron

And it'll be a fun challenge with an OK reward, I'd easily get Velkhana, Lunastra and other depending on the weapon I bring

Instead of naked runs it could be no damage run (or no flinch, like you can get dumb aura damage for the challenge but as soon as you take recoil from a hit (you can shield, it won't cancel the challenge) you can get it, I guess it'd be better since you can have an effective armor now

Or 3rd option: arena quest (set for 2 or 4 players, idk) for every monster with the usual questionable armor sets and you have to get A rank to get the layered?

I'd take any tbh
Who reads these anyway

User Info: Kipp94

Kipp94
6 days ago#2
Or just get lucky with a monster specific ticket item to use for a layered set.
PSN - Kipper_DA_BOSS

User Info: Rayanson

Rayanson
6 days ago#3
Kipp94 posted...
Or just get lucky with a monster specific ticket item to use for a layered set.
Nah, enough of that dumb randomness, it'd be like leshen but the quests would be easier I'd rather have a challenge for this to flex on people, I'd actually rather have an alternate color pattern or something for the skin if obtained via perfect run or something, maybe the real rainbow pigment on it? Or have the armor shine or something
Who reads these anyway

User Info: Kipp94

Kipp94
6 days ago#4
Rayanson posted...
Nah, enough of that dumb randomness, it'd be like leshen but the quests would be easier I'd rather have a challenge for this to flex on people, I'd actually rather have an alternate color pattern or something for the skin if obtained via perfect run or something, maybe the real rainbow pigment on it? Or have the armor shine or something
Well then guranteed one ticket per run.
PSN - Kipper_DA_BOSS

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
6 days ago#5
Probably about as bad as Ubisoft and it's Orichalcum idea with Odyssey. Sure it sounds good on paper. Until you realize the odds are extremely stacked against you ever getting anything from the Helix store with the currency. Much less a full set of five armor pieces.

The same would apply here. Especially since you would largely end up being OHKO by pretty much everything. Since the only skills you could pull out would be a couple off your weapon from decos, and whatever your charm and mantles could give you.

In short, it'd just piss people off. Spend 20 to 30 minutes in a hunt because your DPS is in the trash due to lack of skills, only to have one unlucky moment ruin the entire thing.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye." ~~ PSN: CrysisZephyr
~~~No Damage from Kulve~~~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgTQtBM-lsU

User Info: _Angel_

_Angel_
6 days ago#6
I would gun every mon and spam insurance/safeguard/moxie.

A Rank Arena would by FAR be the easiest option. I would up the req to S rank.
Leader of the AP.

User Info: Genelord

Genelord
6 days ago#7
I'd much rather have a system in which you can treat normal equipment as layered as well. I don't see why you should have to do an armorless run, no damage run, or go to the arena just to treat armor as cosmetics.

User Info: _Angel_

_Angel_
6 days ago#8
Genelord posted...
I'd much rather have a system in which you can treat normal equipment as layered as well. I don't see why you should have to do an armorless run, no damage run, or go to the arena just to treat armor as cosmetics.

It's a nice endgame goal.
Leader of the AP.

User Info: paulodybi

paulodybi
6 days ago#9
I've done naked runs against Behemoth and even the wind pressure from his tail OHKO'd me.
I agree with Silver that it'll just piss people off

User Info: BIGTACO

BIGTACO
6 days ago#10
paulodybi posted...
I've done naked runs against Behemoth and even the wind pressure from his tail OHKO'd me.
I agree with Silver that it'll just piss people off
Either that or gunner weapon usage will rise exponentially
Gods in his heaven
All is right with the world
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Your reaction: beat a monster without armor, get his set as layered
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers