• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Ideas for new weapon types

User Info: Celery_O_Astora

Celery_O_Astora
1 week ago#1
  • Hello hunters :) just wanted to post some ideas I have for some new weapons, but I'd also love to hear yours. The 14 we have right now are great and pretty diverse, but I can't help but want more lol. Here are my ideas. Giant-boomerang: just as the name implies, a boomerang that's about the size of the Hunter. Does KO damage through swings and throws. Always loved this idea and think it would be so much fun. kusarigama: if you've ever played Nioh you know what this is. A hand scythe and blunted weight connected by a chain. The scythe would be used in melee and do cutting damage, while the blunted weight could be thrown for KO damage. Those are my main ideas and I think they would fit just fine in the series. Let me know what you think :)

User Info: gene0129

gene0129
1 week ago#2
Just give us the two Frontier weapons now that Frontier shut down.
Life is hard, but it's harder if you're stupid

Celery_O_Astora
1 week ago#3
Would love both of those, so crazy looking

User Info: Black_Assassin

Black_Assassin
1 week ago#4
Celery_O_Astora posted...
kusarigama: if you've ever played Nioh you know what this is. A hand scythe and blunted weight connected by a chain.
Toukiden had that, just to mention.
Want to cure diseases with your spare computing power?
http://folding.stanford.edu/

User Info: traumprinz

traumprinz
1 week ago#5
chaos zweihander
annak idejen kezdtuk egy darab teglaval meg egy kilo malacgecive

User Info: JaxxSC

JaxxSC
1 week ago#6
Whips. Dual pistols (mini bow guns). Nunchuk. Pet class lol
MarioKartWiiFC: 1677-5696-7039
Terry: "You think this is funny?" Danny: "Well Terry it sure as **** aint sad"

Celery_O_Astora
1 week ago#7
I like the idea of the whip. That could be really cool!

User Info: ssj954vegito

ssj954vegito
1 week ago#8
Scythe, always scythe, or a gun-scythe or some other form of scythe/gunner hybrid.

Edit: I just realised that if a scythe were to coexist with clutch claw, you could essentially turn it into a giant kusarigama for a few moves. Or alternatively just make the rope bit part of the weapon itself.
Proud to be EPic.
Time to go super saiyan!! https://gfycat.com/DisguisedHonorableImpala

User Info: MakotoYuri

MakotoYuri
1 week ago#9
how about fixing the existing ones first
is Mayonnaise a Jojo reference too?

User Info: mastergamer0001

mastergamer0001
1 week ago#10
Something like Toukiden's naginata: the more you attack with it, the faster your attacks get and they start hitting multiple times per swing, making them great for damaging limbs. Perhaps give it a spirit gauge like the LS and have it gain one or two weaker hits per level, with an innate Partbreaker effect when it's maxed out
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Ideas for new weapon types
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers