• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Do you hate Siege/Forced MP quests?

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#41
DrakeRathalos posted...
Safi'jiiva weapons killed any reason to craft any other weapons but Safi'jiiva weapons...

Rhiethreal: MOrE VaRIeTy.
Two people can both be using Safi Blast Horns, and they can be completely different weapons.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: DrakeRathalos

DrakeRathalos
1 week ago#42
Rhiethreal posted...
Two people can both be using Safi Blast Horns, and they can be completely different weapons.
The problem is they're still locked to one monster. Locking the literally best weapons for each class with ONE monster isn't what Monster Hunter is about.
(edited 1 week ago)

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#43
DrakeRathalos posted...
The problem is they're still locked to one monster. Locking the literally best weapons for each class with ONE monster isn't what Monster Hunter is about.
You are free to have your own opinion, and others are free to disagree with it or not.

Also, he said weapon variety, not "variety in the source of the weapons."
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: DrakeRathalos

DrakeRathalos
1 week ago#44
Rhiethreal posted...
You are free to have your own opinion, and others are free to disagree with it or not.
Doesn't stop it from being another case of power creep.

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#45
DrakeRathalos posted...
Doesn't stop it from being another case of power creep.
Good thing I didn't claim that then.

User Info: Panthera

Panthera
1 week ago#46
Okamiaku posted...
Really? Having significantly less HP and being significantly more predictable with its constant focus on you and being easier to dodge and block...makes the monsters harder to fight ?

Your essentially saying because there's bad players who can't handle being focused on. Solo hunting is harder.

Solo monsters have more health relative to the player than monsters do in 2 or 4 player (maybe 3 player as well). Any benefits of the monster being more predictable are more than balanced out by the fact that they focus on you, whereas in multiplayer the monsters barely even try to kill anyone because they switch targets too much. You also have way more potential for lockdown in multiplayer with multiple status weapons running around. Multiplayer is way easier unless your teammates are really bad. The lack of the monster focusing on you on its own would make that statement true even with no additional factors.
Meow!

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#47
Panthera posted...
Solo monsters have more health relative to the player than monsters do in 2 or 4 player (maybe 3 player as well). Any benefits of the monster being more predictable are more than balanced out by the fact that they focus on you, whereas in multiplayer the monsters barely even try to kill anyone because they switch targets too much. You also have way more potential for lockdown in multiplayer with multiple status weapons running around. Multiplayer is way easier unless your teammates are really bad.
That's not true though.

Monsters only have less health per player if you ignore other factors, such as:

• the other players doing less DPS than you,
  • not being able to focus on the head, etc.
  • Monsters will definitely focus on someone near carting. If the monster hits them for like 80% of their health, and they are trying to heal, it is definitely going to focus on them.
  • People running around doing no damage and making it harder for everyone else to hit the monster as well
  • Lock down is also harder because the values to achieve it go up as well
  • Lock down is also harder because you can count hits effectively
  • KO and other Status thresholds also increase
  • etc.
Online is only easier for bad players because it essentially allows them to be carried, while they are the ones making it harder for everyone else that they join.

User Info: Panthera

Panthera
1 week ago#48
I don't know where you people find all these nightmare doomsday randoms that just wreck every quest ever to the point that you think multiplayer is harder than solo because your teammates will never be able to contribute enough to prevent it even though it's not a high bar to achieve at all. I feel like I get annoyed at randoms I play with to an excessive degree and try to convince myself to stop, and yet I almost never run into any groups that are so bad they're not way easier than solo by sole virtue of the fact that multiplayer is by design vastly easier.
Meow!

User Info: tokerblue

tokerblue
1 week ago#49
nuke2099 posted...
@tokerblue Wyvern is basically the MH term for reptile. It's not weird. Also Rajang is a Fanged Beast so it's not called a wyvern.
I understand that, but it's still not the classical definition of Wyvern.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
- Robert A. Heinlein

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
1 week ago#50
Panthera posted...
I don't know where you people find all these nightmare doomsday randoms that just wreck every quest ever to the point that you think multiplayer is harder than solo because your teammates will never be able to contribute enough to prevent it even though it's not a high bar to achieve at all.
It depends on the quest. MR100+ quests, I virtually never run into earnestly bad players; I can only recall one MR100+ investigation during which I had to kick a player, and that was because he simply would not heal at 30-40% health and had carted once already for that reason, and he deserved to be kicked. That's the one time randoms were bad at MR100+.

On investigations with MR requirements below that of the final boss, I run into bad players pretty regularly.

With Safi'jiiva, it's almost every random room siege.
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Do you hate Siege/Forced MP quests?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers